Napa Ultra Premium Rotors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Hello,

Havent seen much on the ultra premium rotors from Napa doing a quick search. Anyone using them?

Are they made in USA? I assume they are rebadged raybestos or some other similar brand. Anyone know?

Thanks

Well I bought them... They were in stock, and so I bought front and rears. The guy at the store first gave me a non-premium rotor, telling me that it was and that the part number was the same. I knew it wasnt, as the premium ones are painted in the non-friction areas, and this is what I wanted.

The non-premium ones had "made in USA" stamped on the box. The casting was stamped made in canada. Close enough perhaps?

THe ultimates were made in China... I had high hopes, but they were. Boo!

Worse was the bendix brake pad set I bought. "Made in USA" right on the box. And on the side of the pad? "Brazil". I guess perhaps the box was US-made???

Im getting sick of the [censored] going on with the automotive industry. I always try to buy Made in USA auto products when I can and I am having the same problem. Outside the box "Made in USA" and inside the part either says "Brazil" or "Canada". I just dont get it.

Bought a thermostat from Carquest for a Ford Semi Tractor, Had to be special ordered. When I picked it up, box said Made in USA, but the T-stat had Made in China stamped on it. Was going to return it, but couldn't because it wasn't something they normally stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back