NAPA Silver/ProSelect Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

I've been using the entry level NAPA (Wix) filters on my GM vehicles for some time (ever since Delco went to the E-Core design). Just wondered what the consensus opinion of them on here was? I haven't had any trouble out of them since I started using them, and they work well for the price & the conservative (3000 mile) OCI that I use.

I'd put them in the same category as a Purolator Classic. Nothing wrong with them.

Originally Posted By: gradymotorco

I've been using the entry level NAPA (Wix) filters on my GM vehicles for some time ...

Are these the ones with the combo ADBV/bypass valve? If so, I'd use something different.

Originally Posted By: RamFan
I'd put them in the same category as a Purolator Classic. Nothing wrong with them.

01.gif
agreed

Originally Posted By: RamFan

Agreed.

Here's my rule... if I use a dino or a syn blend... it gets a Pro Select or a Puro Classic.

If I use a synthetic, it gets a Gold or a Puro Pure One.

Alright just wanted to make sure they weren't in the same category as the OCOD. I couldn't find too much discussion of them on here, but that makes sense since they are a cheap filter that usually gets sold for fleets and independent shops to use. I'll admit my favorite thing about them is they're $2.19 a piece!

Originally Posted By: electrolover
Well that does it. They are junk now. Gonna stick with the motorcraft for cheap filters now..

Purolator Classic is a good low cost filter for 5~7K mile OCIs.

I plan on using the dozen Pro Selects that I recently bought for 5-6K intervals. Anyone see any issues with that?

Originally Posted By: DinoOil
I plan on using the dozen Pro Selects that I recently bought for 5-6K intervals. Anyone see any issues with that?

What are you using them for,target practice?
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

grin.gif

I don't get it...
confused.gif

grin.gif

I don't get it...
confused.gif

To hone your shooting skills.
39.gif

Well, we did just get royally screwed by gov cuomo and the legislature here in NY. Soon, I may forget what target shooting is. Sad week here in NY.

Well, we did just get royally screwed by gov cuomo and the legislature here in NY. Soon, I may forget what target shooting is. Sad week here in NY.

Yes,I know this. I'm an NRA member and have been following the story there. Very sad,and frustrating. I wonder what gun manufacturer is going to step up and start making 7 round mags.

Yes,I know this. I'm an NRA member and have been following the story there. Very sad,and frustrating. I wonder what gun manufacturer is going to step up and start making 7 round mags.

Thanks for your sympathy. I appreciate hearing from someone like you who cherishes freedom, like I do. Circumstances as they are require me to be here until I retire. It's a beautiful state, but the people who inhabit it are overwhelmingly in lock step with the DemocRAT party here. I do believe these people are beyond ignorant, - they are stupid.
mad.gif

Thanks for your sympathy. I appreciate hearing from someone like you who cherishes freedom, like I do. Circumstances as they are require me to be here until I retire. It's a beautiful state, but the people who inhabit it are overwhelmingly in lock step with the DemocRAT party here. I do believe these people are beyond ignorant, - they are stupid.
mad.gif

C'mon down here to La. We love firearms! Remember,our state motto is stamped on EVERY license plate; "SPORTSMANS PARADISE"

mad.gif

C'mon down here to La. We love firearms! Remember,our state motto is stamped on EVERY license plate; "SPORTSMANS PARADISE"

It's not even about hunting. I've never hunted before, but I think I've gotten the itch over the last few years. It's always been about personal protection, and recreational shooting. Folks say the Second Amendment is about hunting Bambi, - hogwash! It's about defending yourself from a tyrannical government! I do hope people wake up to what cuomo has done, and to what ODumbo wants to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back