NAPA Pro Select Air Filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dealer that I bought my 2011 Camry 2.5, uses the Pro Select filters in their prep.
How are they in quality? I try and use OEM filters and parts when I can. Less issues.
I am thinking of taking it out and putting in the Toyota 17801-0H010
Its oil change time and am sure the oil filter is also Proselect.I have the Toyota oil filter and oil already. Just taking it back to OEM.

Last edited:
How long has the Proselect been in the car? It is probably a good filter, made by Wix except just slightly less quality. The pros select Napa Proselect!

You'll certainly find out how good it is once you remove it!

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
How long has the Proselect been in the car? It is probably a good filter, made by Wix except just slightly less quality. The pros select Napa Proselect!

You'll certainly find out how good it is once you remove it!

Since we bought the car in early June. about 3500 miles. Just CDO on OEM parts.

I like oem on air filters if you can get them at a good price. Sometimes if we need one on a customers car we just go to advance auto they give us the best deal and they are usually purolaters which should still be ok. I wish their oil filters were still ok and didnt tear. As for Wix so far i like them except for maybe the price.

I can get one local for about 18 bucks, Fram is 11 at Wally World so might as well get the OEM.

You should look at your manual for air filter intervals. Rapid changes end up with more dirt in the system. Most of the dirt that will get past the filter media does so in the earlier part of its life. Minimum 30k interval unless you're clogging it fast.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
You should look at your manual for air filter intervals. Rapid changes end up with more dirt in the system. Most of the dirt that will get past the filter media does so in the earlier part of its life. Minimum 30k interval unless you're clogging it fast.

The book says every 30K depending on driving conditions. Thats interesting about filters allowing more dirt in when new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back