Napa Platinum date code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up 2 Platinum filters at Napa. If someone could decode the mfg. dates, it would be appreciated.

Filter #1- 041515E2
19 34

Filter #2- 072811E2 or EZ (this one is hard to read)

Thanks

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Donald
8 yr old filter. Odd it was kicking around that long. Maybe the date code is not what you think? Was it all covered in an inch of dust?

Is 4 years from a store shelf much better?

Thanks for the reply.

Ya, it looked like regular dates on them.
But I didn't think the Platinum was around in 2011.

The last Platinum I bought was about 3.5 years old. Seeing as how it is synthetic media, I don't see anything of concern as long as there was no rust forming on the baseplate or in the tube.

Did a search and the Platinum was out in 2011-12. I have an antique.
I'm going to bring them back and maybe pick up a couple (if they have more current dates) at the end of the month They are on on sale all April.

I just got my shipment of 10 for my PSD and the date code was 112718. They are black in color.

Since I got 10, do I now officially have a "stash"? Not something I was planning on doing. SInce most will end up in my DE house not in NY.

But $4.99 for a $33 synthetic filter. Even the Motorcraft was about $14. And thats a standard filter except for the silicone ADBV.

Originally Posted by uplandr
Picked up 2 Platinum filters at Napa. If someone could decode the mfg. dates, it would be appreciated.

Filter #1- 041515E2
19 34

Filter #2- 072811E2 or EZ (this one is hard to read)

Thanks

Are these filters for a Pinto or Yugo? That would explain why no one has bought them.

Ya, or a Gremlin. Surprisingly their the Wix made Napa 41040, match for the AC Delco PF47.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back