Napa has Full oil filters at a good price

Since Napa jacked up the prices of their house brand Wix filters, I decided to go with Full.

I got a 2-OSB002 for my SF Forester and a 2-OSB007 for a newer one I change the oil on. They were about $5 each with the sale. Along with these two filters, I got some washer fluid to make a third item for the 20% bucket sale. This made the washer fluid cheaper than Walmart, and it's good to -30F rather than the -25F of the Walmart stuff. Also, Napa's washer fluid is on the blue side of purple, while Walmart's is on the red/pink side.

The -002 is the fat can, and it has a red silicone ADBV. The can itself is white.
The -007 is the skinny can, and it has a blue ADBV. The can itself is blue.

Both have P-gaskets that are common in Asian OEM filters. They have cellophane plastic wrap on the thread end.

Full filters are made by Siam Filter in Thailand, and most oil filters you see that are made in Thailand are made by them, including OEM.

Full has these M-shaped pleats that they claim gives you 30% more media.

They are available for most Asian cars sold in the US.

Last edited:
I look forward to dissected pics!

Of course I'll cut them open when the time comes, but that won't be until next year :D

Neither car has a Full filter installed right now. I won't install the Fulls until the fall, and I usually run them a year because not too many miles put on over the course of a year.

I went through some legwork and discovered at least one of the Altrom-Full filters crosses to Mazda.

Would that be for the SkyActiv 2.5?

I got a filter from the dealer yesterday and all they have now are the Mexico sourced value filters. These look like a Wix product. While the filter body is sturdy the baseplate is different with a adapter ring of sorts which I think holds the flat gasket in place. No P gasket.

Next time I will consider one of these NAPA filters as they look better.

I got a filter from the dealer yesterday and all they have now are the Mexico sourced value filters. These look like a Wix product. While the filter body is sturdy the baseplate is different with a adapter ring of sorts which I think holds the flat gasket in place. No P gasket.

I'm not sure what the application is, but it crosses to MAZDA ZZC4-23-802. It's the ATM 2OMD009, FYI.

Is it for your 2017 CX5 2.5? :unsure:

For that car, Napa says the 2-OMD007 is the one for you. On the can itself, it lists Mazda part number PE01-14-302

There's also the Nippon 3611307

Both seem to have the P-gasket

Buy one of each, along with something else this month and you will get 20% off. Since the base is sealed, you don't have to worry about them expiring or anything :)

Is it for your 2017 CX5 2.5? :unsure:

For that car, Napa says the 2-OMD007 is the one for you. On the can itself, it lists Mazda part number PE01-14-302

There's also the Nippon 3611307

Both seem to have the P-gasket

Buy one of each, along with something else this month and you will get 20% off. Since the base is sealed, you don't have to worry about them expiring or anything :)

That looks like the real deal there.

Mazda replaced PE01-14-302 with 1WPE-14-302. This filter fits both the 2.0 and the 2.5 normally aspirated Skyactiv-G (gasoline) fours. I believe it fits the 1.5 used in the Mazda2 (Puerto Rico and Mexico) as well.

The rare 2019 CX-5 Skyactiv-D diesel uses filter SH01-14-302A, formerly SHY1-14-302.

The turbo 2.5 takes filter 1WPY-14-302, formerly PY8W-14-302.

Hope this helps someone trying to find a filter.

Back