Napa gold rusty ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to napa and bought 3 napa gold (# 1060 ). I look inside bottem of the filter, where the metal part is. it look like unfinish paint surface, this happent in 2 of the filter I bought, the third one look perfect inside bottem. Is this ok to use ?

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
If there is rust inside, take it back and exchange it.

I would NOT use it.

Bill

+1, you paid good money and there shouldn't be any rust on those Gold's, or any filter for that matter.

Not every gold filter is on sale, 1060 is regular price, but after few min talk to manager he agree to sale it for $4.99. I went home with 3 gold napa, should last for auto-rx.

Ok I take it back today, and show them what happent, they look inside and say they never saw anything like that, they went to the back and brought all the stock filter they had over and all of them have diffrent color inside, red, blue, yellow, black, silver, [censored] !! anyway they confirm that is normal, so I take 2 those filter home.

Champ labs yes, M1 clone no. 100% synthetic media, that is backed with a wire mesh screen.

Originally Posted By: D Bone
You need to do a little research on RP's oil filter, so you will become better educated on one of the current best filters available............Here's a start for you: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...&gonew=1#UNREAD

Every body is differnt, wat car do u drive ? ( old grandmother car, I bet ). U got to learn it from a person that own high horse power car,where I stress these oil to their limit. I put that royal purple maxgear [censored] and that ATF on my car, after a second season of track day, I drain all those gear oil out, and it just look like water !!!, I did some research and many peoples either owner LS1, LSX, Cobra have bad experiment on it. For oil filter I rather stick with mobil 1 filter and be done. ROYAL PURPLE MADE ME LAUGH !!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: D Bone
Champ labs yes, M1 clone no. 100% synthetic media, that is backed with a wire mesh screen.

Ok, thanks! I figured since the backplate on both of them looked the same, they were the same on the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back