Napa Gold Filter Video

Cool vid, Napa Gold and Wix are the same filter right? If so, buying on Fleet Filter is really a good deal then.

Last edited:
NAPA has been using the same type of comparison for at least 15 years. The local NAPA, Fram, and AC Delco filter sitting on the counter back in 1993 in an official display. It was an eye opener for most people. Autozone copied the idea but had a Fram, STP, and Mobil1 filter back when STP and Mobil1 were both Champion labs. They'd never answer when I'd ask why the parts looked identical.

yeah! The filer display! My local NAPA when i go in, always has that display..thier gold filter, disected, showing the media,and next to it, a fram gutted...Then some advertising, and poinits of interest by comparison...like the cardboard endcaps of the fram! I always get a kick out of that display:)

Shouldn't they be comparing the regular Napa to the regular Fram? They'd be closer in price point. Although even the regular Napa would be better constructed than the Fram.

Originally Posted By: daman
"Fiber board end caps",,boy i wonder what filter he's talking about. ,cool vid thanks.

Originally Posted By: Xman77
Is Wix cheaper for anyone else? I was surprised to see Napa Gold is $1.20 more here. No thanks...
Yes. Ordering like ten filters or more on Fleetfilter saves over 2.00/filter on the Corolla.

Originally Posted By: Xman77
Is Wix cheaper for anyone else? I was surprised to see Napa Gold is $1.20 more here. No thanks...
The Wix branded filter for my dads car was $1 cheaper at O'Reilly than the NAPA Gold from, well, NAPA. I then found an AC Delco PF52 that is the same thing with different paint for $2 less than the Wix. \:\(