NAPA Gold a/filter....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for kicks, I took a few pic's of my new NAPA Gold 6094 a/filter before it goes in the Tbird:

1) made by Wix...
 -

2) construction/media:
 -

3) the grill/made in usa...

-

4) 72 pleats:
 -

I'd want to use a NAPA Gold in my wife's Elantra too..as soon as the warranty runs out.(But the OEM Hyundai might be not bad, I don't know)

The color is actually a reddish tone, not the Fram color...not really similar. (the photos were taken with no flash and with macro setting, just room lighting...made it a bit orange, i guess).

What i noticed was how heavy and sturdy/solid it felt, even compared to the Baldwin I had in before. and the fit was very tight because the edges of the frame jut out higher, but it seals very well. I might use these from now on.

97 T-Bird,

I cannot BELIEVE that air filter wouldn't pass muster with the warranty drudges at the stealership.

I'm pretty paranoid about oil filters, bypass pressures, different coolants, etc, but that filter has got to be OEM or better. I wonder where that air filter comparison got off to?

The metal grid looks like concrete reinforcement such as used to build sidewalks. Pretty hefty!

quote:

Originally posted by 97tbird:
I'd want to use a NAPA Gold in my wife's Elantra too..as soon as the warranty runs out.(But the OEM Hyundai might be not bad, I don't know)

The color is actually a reddish tone, not the Fram color...not really similar. (the photos were taken with no flash and with macro setting, just room lighting...made it a bit orange, i guess).

I was just jerking your chain a bit. Glad you cleared up the color thing so no one is mislead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back