Napa Gold 7356 cut open - 8,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a Napa Gold 7356 off my sister's 2005 Honda Civic 1.7L. The filter was in use for 8,000 miles with SynPower 5w20. The last picture shows some crooked pleats in the media. They were crooked, but still very strong and held together well. No tears in the media and the filter felt very solid. Everything else looked good as well. thumbsup

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
NAPA Gold/WIX has always been a decent filter. Pretty good efficiency at 95% @ 20 microns.

That's a "go to" filter right there. In the future, I'll be shifting more of my filter purchases to NAPA Gold/Wix. And when I want a less expensive filter, I'll use NAPA Silver/O'Reilly Microgard. I'll also make room for Hastings, Baldwin, Fleetguard, and Donaldson in my future filter strategy. I think the "commercial" filter manufacturers are focused more on marketing and profitability than producing a good quality standard filter. Purolator and FRAM are all about upselling to their $10-$15 filters.

Originally Posted By: steveh
When you can get them on sale twice a year for $3.69 it looks even better.
I'm keeping close tabs on the NAPA sales flyers. The thing I like about shopping NAPA is there are guys down there that really have some experience in the auto parts business. You don't find that at Autozone, Advance, and O'Reilly.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
When you can get them on sale twice a year for $3.69 it looks even better.
I'm keeping close tabs on the NAPA sales flyers. The thing I like about shopping NAPA is there are guys down there that really have some experience in the auto parts business. You don't find that at Autozone, Advance, and O'Reilly.
Our Napa doesn't have the employee turnover like the other chains.

Nice work as always jeepman! As far as "looking purdy" on BITOG, I gotta say the Wix made stuff wins.

If this was a Purolator, everyone would be complaining about the slanted pleats in the last picture

Our Napa doesn't have the employee turnover like the other chains.
Used to Shop at Napa in the 70's close to where I lived. Needed a wrench 30 years later and they had the same three counter guys. Looked the same except for the white hair.

The thing I don't like about Wix filters is the overly small cartridge that is used in a myriad of different cans. I know somebody else knows what I'm talking about.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
After 8,000 miles, it should be looking a little worn out.
Oh, no, you're supposed to get 45K on a single filter, dontcha know.

Status
Not open for further replies.