[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What's that broken band in the Mahle filter 5th photo ... was it around the media? Looks like the Mahle has an anti-siphon valve in the center tube (last photo). Thanks for sharing.

Broken band was in the bottom of the can. I'm guessing it was around the media. It could have broken when I pulled the filter out as it was a tight fit, or it could have been broken all along. ...

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge
Both of these filters look great.
thumbsup2.gif

How much do NAPA Gold filters cost?

Typically around $7.xx to $9 for most cars. They have sales a couple times a year where they are around $5...

Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
thumbsup2.gif

Typically around $7.xx to $9 for most cars. They have sales a couple times a year where they are around $5...

cheers3.gif

thumbsup2.gif

My son changed the oil on his and my truck today. He knows that I like NAPA GOLD oil filters, so he bought one for my OCI. I had bought an FL-400S but will use it next OCI. He said he paid $7.49 + tax.

Thanks for the dissection. I have finally found a center tube with some real holes in it. I need to check the Wix, for they might be built the same.

Originally Posted by BeerCan
Broken band was in the bottom of the can. I'm guessing it was around the media. It could have broken when I pulled the filter out as it was a tight fit, or it could have been broken all along. ...

The gap looks small, guess the area of it could be calculated. Pretty much cancels anything the inlet hole size provides as my personal "obtuse" guess.

One thing about the Mahle filter I wanted to bring up. I only had it on the car less than a year, but the outside looked like it has been there a decade. The nitrile flap is not very pliable again like it was super old.

The oil last time was replaced by a very busy Porsche indy when they did some work for me. I'm wondering if I got an old stock filter. It will be 6 months to a year before I change oil again, I'll be able to compare details at that time.

... I'm wondering if I got an old stock filter. ...

Is that a date code under the "Made in Austria"? 18 (th) Week 16 or 18 Week 16(th)?

Originally Posted by Farnsworth

The gap looks small, guess the area of it could be calculated. Pretty much cancels anything the inlet hole size provides as my personal "obtuse" guess.

What is the gap (none shown in the photos) and area you're referring to with regards to any association this the broken band? I agree it seems a bit "obtuse" without some details.

Back