Napa Gold 1334 ~5700 miles (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Run for ~6 months on an 01 Civic. This is the larger size filter used on most pre 01-02 Hondas. 52 pleats with ~123sq. in media. $3.75 on sale.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Thanks for posting. Good to know that this size seems to work fine in a 2001 Civic.

Actually when new, the Honda dealer didn't have the new 7317/14610 size yet and was using the older/larger Honda filter for several oil changes done at the dealer. I know it doesn't make very much difference but the sump is relatively small in the Civic and I feel any little extra oil capacity can't hurt.

I've used both sizes interchangeably though.

Is the seam at the wide spaced pleat area? ... can't tell.

Originally Posted By: HKPolice
Wow I've never seen such wide pleat spacing on a Wix before.

Me either. Seems to have worked OK though, which is what counts.....

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Thanks for posting. Good to know that this size seems to work fine in a 2001 Civic.

Actually when new, the Honda dealer didn't have the new 7317/14610 size yet and was using the older/larger Honda filter for several oil changes done at the dealer. I know it doesn't make very much difference but the sump is relatively small in the Civic and I feel any little extra oil capacity can't hurt.

I've used both sizes interchangeably though.

Interesting...

I've used the 7317 in my Acura before (that calls for the 3593a/1334 size) with no issues, so I figured it could probably work the other way around on my girlfriend's Civic. It would be nice to just stock one filter in my stash instead of getting two different part numbers all the time.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Center pleat in pic 2 is joining/seam pleat, wider spacing adjoining it.

Got ya ... at first liked like two pleat ends just touching each other.

Another nice WIX
thumbsup2.gif

Is there any glue in the endcap in the area of the wide spaced pleats? Wix usually uses black glue and I can't see any glue at all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back