Napa Full Synthetic H.M. 5W-30, 6874 miles, 2006 Lincoln Mark LT

Jordan_FX4

$50 Site Donor 2022
Hi all, here’s the latest UOA from my dad’s Lincoln Mark LT (F-150). He ran this with a Napa Gold filter. Overall, it looks like Napa/Valvoline oil has a pretty decent add pack to it.

3EB0F2D1-D4F4-44C8-B113-1D227A303F05.jpg

Using a good oil with an excellent filter and good OCI? The world is one step closer to perfection.

Is this an EcoBoost? Thinking not, lot of shear unlike Valvoline although I have long believed the Napa oils do not get as good of base stocks as the Valvoline branded oils do.

Is this an EcoBoost? Thinking not, lot of shear unlike Valvoline although I have long believed the Napa oils do not get as good of base stocks as the Valvoline branded oils do.
I suspect that it was ran low on oil for some time. If you look at the amount of make up oil in past OCI's and, the fact that no make up oil was added during this OCI, it stands to reason that it was at least two quarts low at the time of sampling.

This is interesting because I have a UOA posted here somewhere with 5w30 napa syn sn+ in a DI Subaru for about a 6k mile run and the oil stayed within grade the entire time. So odd this one fell out of grade here...

It's my truck that this UOA came from. It has severe idling due to my working outside during cold days with idling as long as 6 hours at a time. The PCV valve makes sense, and I will look into getting it changed. I was going to trade it off, but I have decided to keep it 1-2 more years. The truck does not black smoke, and leaves no puddles, so I am baffled as to why the oil consumption is high.

nice looking truck and you won't see many in a full day, bet you'd feel better if it was A1...replace that PCV system and stop with the bulk oil..legacy engine like that make a run with the M1 or Edge in a 0/40, have it detailed, summer is coming.

Back