NAPA Conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody used this stuff for a really long time? If so,how has it held up? They use it in our fleet trucks at work and don't see any of them blowing up.

Thanks

My neighbor uses it...and his car has over 150k, I think. granted, I think only 50k on that is Napa....

Breeves. It is made by valvoline. It is very good oil for the price. I use it when it goes on sale. My truck seems to like it

Last edited:
my neighbor put 40k a year on his subaru with it...he had 150k on it when he traded no problems

Techinally, it's not made by Valvoline. It's made by Ashland, who also makes Valvoline, and some other private brand stuff.

And the reason it's "cheap" is because it's probably a bit down on the add-pack compared to a brand like Valvoline. But in no way does that make it bad stuff. It is made to meet specs just like any other product. It just may not "exceed" the specs to such a degree as some of it's competitors in the big brand names.

I see no reason not to use it. I've run both the Napa dino and synthetic fluids, when I can get them on sale. They work fine.

Napa brand is produced by Ashland/Valvoline. I use Napa HM oil and it gives exactly the same performance and wear as Valvoline Maxlife. It's usually $2.00 and change less per quart than name brand Valvoline. I run Napa HM 10W30 in my Dodge and Napa 5W20 conventional in my girlfriend's Honda. Both oils work fine in both vehicles. You can use the Napa brand with confidence.

Originally Posted By: grease_monkey
Breeves. It is made by valvoline. It is very good oil for the price. I use it when it goes on sale. My truck seems to like it
01.gif
Defineately a good oil.

Originally Posted By: grease_monkey
Originally Posted By: breeves
why it is so cheap?
Because it doesen't have the "Valvoline" name on it.

+1

I used valvoline all climate in my VW for the first 100K miles, and then switched to the Napa brand and ran that for the second 100K miles. I sold it running strong at around 225K miles and it never burned a drop or had anything done to the internal engine.

Having said that, it never went beyond 3000 miles on an oil change.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back