NAPA 41516 Platinum Cut Open (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R8R0S, I am guessing your F150 has the 4.2 V6 in it, correct? While using this oil filter, or any other brand besides the FL-400S, did your engine have ANY rattles or ticking upon startup?

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
R8R0S, I am guessing your F150 has the 4.2 V6 in it, correct? While using this oil filter, or any other brand besides the FL-400S, did your engine have ANY rattles or ticking upon startup?

My truck has the 4.6 V8, not the 6, and I've never had any noise at startup. Most of the truck's mileage was on the FL-400S, but on the rare occasion I used another filter, including this one and the Fram Ultra on it now, there was no problem.

Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
^^^ LOL, who would want to run a full synthetic media oil filter that's only 50% @ 20 microns when they can run one that is 99% @ 20 microns?
grin.gif

Because the XPs don't develop holes between the pleats and the media doesn't unravel into a bunch of splinters that go through your oil system.

Ultra with a pin-hole in the media really doesn't mean much when there is only one reported instance IMO. Purolator media tears ... that's definitely an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back