Nano Pro MT Oil Stabilzer

Anyone Familiar "Nano Pro MT Oil Stabilizer?" I've read it was designed through the military and it is some pretty good stuff. I want to add heightened protection to my 2004 Chevy Trailblazer with the Vortec 4200 VVT I6? it has 153,000 miles on it. I just bought it and since I don't know about the oil change history, I'm just guessing they ran regular conventional oil in the motor. I've only had the vehicle a month and despite the fact that it runs okay. I had to get the VVT sensor replaced already. I've read these engines are sensitive to oil condition. Thanks for any help.

Most stabilizers are just oil thickeners.
I’d put a basic 5W-30 in it, and run it 3k to see how much it uses or leaks.
If it does use oil, then maybe change to a 40-weight or a HM oil.
I’d want a clean baseline run to see how the engine does without additives clouding the results.

It's not using oil per say. I'm just trying to find a good product for added protection because of these VVT engines design. Most stabilizers are just oil thickeners. Do you feel that way about this Nano MT Pro?

Sorry it has all the verbiage of another snake oil product.

A suspicious few eye catchers:

Extends oil life by 100%? I doubt it.

Improves HP? Maybe.

Improves thermal efficiency of oil, up to 60% faster in reducing oil temperatures. How?

Several other "snake oil" products make similar claims. I'd pass and stick to a good synthetic oil. JMO

All "Oil Stabilizer" products are the same viscous OCP and tackifier and nothing else. Don't waste your money on it.

"Designed through the military" is probably a stretch and as a veteran, that's the scariest line in all of that.
I understand there a lot of "Anti-Oil Additiver's" out there but I would think If a Company made such a serious claim about their product. Especially here in America they would have to be able to back it up. Have you even heard of this Product? have you checked it out online? How do you feel about an old oil additive like "STP" is that crap too?

Well, Being that the case. There is still cold start up issues tearing up your engine and the like. how do you combat that problem?
Not to get too deep in the weeds here but modern motor oils are formulated with start up and warm up in mind. Just as Nano markets their prowess in this area so do the motor oil companies.

Concerning the product itself, I have no opinion. But yes, STP stabilizer is "crap".

Well, Being that the case. There is still cold start up issues tearing up your engine and the like. how do you combat that problem?
IMO that's overblown, if engines were truly getting torn up during cold starts the junkyards would be filled to capacity and there would be thousands more. However if that concerns you get a pre-luber which lubricates the engine each and every time before you start it. Oil will be flowing and pressure built before you turn the key to start the engine. And/or add a block heater and/or an oil pan heater. Those suggestions will handle your concerns better than any additive on the market. FTR modern oils address all of your concerns.

All "Oil Stabilizer" products are the same viscous OCP and tackifier and nothing else. Don't waste your money on it.

"Designed through the military" is probably a stretch and as a veteran, that's the scariest line in all of that.
Very much. Along with "tested by the military", "used by NASA on the space shuttle", and the requisite "nano" as in this product, those are all major red flags.

What "cold start issues tearing up your engines" are you talking about?

You're demonstrating your true intent here by that statement.

Anyone Familiar "Nano Pro MT Oil Stabilizer?" I've read it was designed through the military and it is some pretty good stuff. I want to add heightened protection to my 2004 Chevy Trailblazer with the Vortec 4200 VVT I6? it has 153,000 miles on it. I just bought it and since I don't know about the oil change history, I'm just guessing they ran regular conventional oil in the motor. I've only had the vehicle a month and despite the fact that it runs okay. I had to get the VVT sensor replaced already. I've read these engines are sensitive to oil condition. Thanks for any help.
You could get extra protection from a 15w40 or 10w40 or 5w40 depending on where you drive in the winter …
Also, Mobil 1 10w30 High Mileage is a thick 30 …

I understand there a lot of "Anti-Oil Additiver's" out there but I would think If a Company made such a serious claim about their product. Especially here in America they would have to be able to back it up. Have you even heard of this Product? have you checked it out online? How do you feel about an old oil additive like "STP" is that crap too?

Yes, I have looked into it before. Also, yes, STP is crap too. As far as the unsubstantiated claims go, STP got hit by the Federal Trade Commission for just that. They had to pay out >$800k in fines.

There's no application where an oil supplement is beneficial and if you feel you do need to add something to your oil, then you need to use a better oil.

Back