Name a car brand that you have never owned and never would buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla. 1. Still have fit and finish issues. 2. Won't support their vehicles over 10-years-old. 3. Ridiculously over complicated 4. Made promises on future upgrades being compatible, now owners are stuck paying $1500 for hardware upgrades.

Honda and Subaru. I have driven several models of each and I didn't like the way they felt. . That is not an indication of anything other than the feel.

>owns 2 dodges
>says wouldn't own a Toyota

Why is it anytime anyone says anything remotely negative people immediately come rushing to their defense? They make absolutely nothing interesting in my opinion, and then throw the Toyota tax on top of it and all I see is an overpriced vehicle that under delivers in all aspects except sheer reliability…. And I don’t buy my vehicles based on reliability only. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also, they somehow made the Sienna feel even cheaper than a Dodge Grand Caravan…. How is that even possible.

Why is it anytime anyone says anything remotely negative people immediately come rushing to their defense? They make absolutely nothing interesting in my opinion, and then throw the Toyota tax on top of it and all I see is an overpriced vehicle that under delivers in all aspects except sheer reliability…. And I don’t buy my vehicles based on reliability only. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also, they somehow made the Sienna feel even cheaper than a Dodge Grand Caravan…. How is that even possible.
Because you made a post that almost literally defies logic. Toyota is considered almost the pinnacle of reliability nowadays whereas Dodge is easily in the bottom half to third. While you don’t buy products based on reliability, it’s amusing to say you’d “never” buy a Toyota while buying/owning 2 Dodge vehicles. Literally the only reason to buy a Dodge is for a 392 Charger/Challenger or maybe a half ton truck.

Because you made a post that almost literally defies logic. Toyota is considered almost the pinnacle of reliability nowadays whereas Dodge is easily in the bottom half to third. While you don’t buy products based on reliability, it’s amusing to say you’d “never” buy a Toyota while buying/owning 2 Dodge vehicles. Literally the only reason to buy a Dodge is for a 392 Charger/Challenger or maybe a half ton truck.

Reliability is not the only factor to consider when buying a car, especially for a car guy. We have many Dodge owners on this board that have had great service from their vehicles, but if you talk to a Toyota owner you'd think we were walking everywhere from the side of the road. Toyotas aren't that great and Dodge isn't that bad.

Renault, and any former British Leyland car, MG, Triumph, Land Rover, Jaguar. I know, I know, modern day Jags and Land Rovers are different, but a major part of that difference is that they got away from Lucas electrics, and became part of larger entity that provided solutions to many of their previous quirks. I used to like and respect Subaru before they went to CVTs. The same with Datsun / Nissan. Maybe the new "Z" will be a taste of things yet to come. Toyota makes a good product, but their pricing exceeds the value of the offers IMHO.

I never said they made bad vehicles, quite the opposite actually, so why did you automatically jump to that conclusion? You do know Toyota doesn’t care if you defend them or not, right? All I said was they don’t make anything I personally am interested in.

But you know what…. I’m sorry for having a differing opinion. I’ll just shamefully shrink back into the background and blend in with the masses and never ever say anything remotely negative about the great and almighty Toyota again.

I never said they made bad vehicles, quite the opposite actually, so why did you automatically jump to that conclusion? You do know Toyota doesn’t care if you defend them or not, right? All I said was they don’t make anything I personally am interested in.

But you know what…. I’m sorry for having a differing opinion. I’ll just shamefully shrink back into the background and blend in with the masses and never ever say anything remotely negative about the great and almighty Toyota again.
That’s exactly why I’m not defending Toyota. You’re thinking about this the wrong way. I’m more making fun of the fact that someone would praise Dodge (buying them) but make a dig at one of the, by almost all accounts, one of the better car manufacturers of the last 20+ years.

You can say whatever negative about Toyota you want but buying Dodge instead is laughable.

Reliability is not the only factor to consider when buying a car, especially for a car guy. We have many Dodge owners on this board that have had great service from their vehicles, but if you talk to a Toyota owner you'd think we were walking everywhere from the side of the road. Toyotas aren't that great and Dodge isn't that bad.

this was already addressed by my post but thank you for your extraneous opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back