N.J. could require businesses to post salary ranges for open jobs under new bill

Not sure why the government needs to meddle in private business affairs here… Employers do what they have to to fill jobs with good people at the best price possible. I smell a fairness/equity agenda here…

If all employers were good faith actors it wouldn't be necessary, unfortunately not all are.

one is free to not apply unless a range is given.
One is free, although I don't recall much if any range given last time I looked on monster. Maybe I need to look in other places, been a while since I job searched with any intensity. I just don't recall seeing any mention of salary. Maybe the expectation is to talk salary during the phone interview, then both parties can determine if they want to proceed further (or not).

This. On another forum, a fellow member said that many managers at larger companies seem to think this about long-term employees: if the employees were any good, they'd be working somewhere else. In other words, they should have been job-hopping for more money instead of being so stupid as to stay put and be loyal to their employer. Loyal = loser.
Says a lot about company culture in those places. No desire to retain good talent? Only keep those who couldn't find work elsewhere, maybe so as to hold that against them? Sounds like a place I'd want to stay at.

One is free, although I don't recall much if any range given last time I looked on monster. Maybe I need to look in other places, been a while since I job searched with any intensity. I just don't recall seeing any mention of salary. Maybe the expectation is to talk salary during the phone interview, then both parties can determine if they want to proceed further (or not).

Says a lot about company culture in those places. No desire to retain good talent? Only keep those who couldn't find work elsewhere, maybe so as to hold that against them? Sounds like a place I'd want to stay at.
My company gave market adjustment increases this year to all us underpaid employees. It was a lot more than my merit and cola increase.

Back