mystic oil ??

I have a case of mystic jt4 synthetic snowmobile oil that I have been running in my seadoo with a rotax 787 motor mixed premixed 40-1 . I just got a hold of a keywest 1720 pro boat with a yamaha 90hp motor which is running premix 50-1 . Can I run this oil ?

Here are the PI sheets of mystic’s personal watercraft oil vs snowmobile oil. Their properties are identical, but what’s with the warning to not run the personal watercraft stuff on outboard marine engines?

5DADBD7F-4678-4D52-B356-766D05B80E9E.png
DB87E022-7005-4ECD-B0F6-ECAF28B4224C.png

Last edited:
And here is the PI sheet for their outboard JT-4 oil. Notice it is lower viscosity and is rated as TC-W3, whereas the others are not. I think it’s clear not to run the snowmobile oil in an outboard. :)

1EEF6A8A-BE7F-4C48-A5CE-483CF562A4DB.png

Perhaps not enough corrosion inhibitors ? Did not require 3rd party outboard engine tests ?

Thanks for the info .What do you think of the bass pro semi blend 2 stoke tcw3 its dirt cheap too ?

Whatever you end up using it in, check with the manufacturer about the miscibility. Not sure if it is still true, but Amsoil 100:1 did not have good miscibility properties, and you had to agitate it to get it to mix, unlike the 50:1 stuff that you just pour into the tank then add the gas. Doing that with the 100:1 used to cause engine seizures because it woud not mix properly unless agitated, but don't let that scare you, when properly mixed up it is great oil.

Ill just probally go to wally world and get some pennzoil . They have two types xlf and premium but their both about the same price .

Yes, many people do not know that Mystik products are the product line of a major oil refiner/company.
They also make/formulate products for other companies.
You can use their products with confidence.
Yeah with the state department actions and all, supposedly the money stays here… ?
Citgo is Houston based? and Mystik was already? …
However, look where the CEO came from

Farmers/Ranchers here use Mystik

^^^ yes, many years ago back in 2015 when I decided to use Mystik exclusively in my Harley, I learned the agricultural community is a big customer of Mystik. Not only that, they are the ONLY ones I could find that sold a HDEO in a 15/50 weight in the entire country.
Overseas is not hard to do, but the USA only Mystik at a good price. Amsoil does make one but I see no need to pay Amsoil prices.

Mystik IS Citgo. Mystik is not a company, Mystik is Citgo's brand.
I could care less that Citgo is/was/maybe owned by some South American country who is not friendly with the USA. Talk about anyone who thinks otherwise when their whole house is filled with products from our biggest enemy of all time. (hint, look at where you computer is made)
Citgo/Mystik is headquartered in Houston TX even if Venezuela is a majority holding.

Good post and links! The JT8 mentioned in your link is what I use. Figured if farmers use this in their machines which cost way more then any vehicle on USA roads I was good to go and ... it meets the maker of my engine requirements. (and ... Citgo is believed the producer of Harley oil doesnt hurt but could care less if true or not) Its only one of two oils I know for sure meet Harley specs...

Last edited:
Back