Mystery Jet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystery jet that takes suspects for interrogation
December 29, 2004

The aircraft is a Gulfstream V turbojet of the sort favoured by tycoons and celebrities.

Since September 11, 2001, it has been seen at military airports from Pakistan to Indonesia to Jordan, sometimes being boarded by hooded and handcuffed passengers.

The plane's owner of record, Premier Executive Transport Services Inc, lists directors and officers who appear to exist only on paper. Each one of those directors and officers has a recently issued US social security number and an address consisting only of a post office box.

They are "sterile identities" the CIA uses to conceal involvement in clandestine operations. In this case, the CIA is flying captured terrorist suspects from one country to another for detention and interrogation - an activity it calls "rendition".

The Gulfstream helps make all this possible. Since September 11, 2001, secret renditions have become a principal weapon in the CIA's arsenal against suspected al-Qaeda terrorists.

Airport officials, documents and amateur plane spotters say the Gulfstream V has been used to whisk detainees in or out of Jakarta, Pakistan, Egypt and Sweden, usually at night.

Morton Sklar, of the World Organisation for Human Rights, said rights groups are working on legal challenges to renditions because one of their purposes is to transfer captives to countries that use harsh interrogation methods outlawed in the US.

The CIA has the authority to carry out renditions under a presidential directive dating back to the Clinton administration, which the Bush Administration has since reviewed and renewed.

The story of the Gulfstream began to unravel less than six weeks after the September 11 attacks. On October 26 that year, Masood Anwar, a Pakistani journalist, broke a story that claimed Pakistani intelligence had handed over to US authorities a Yemeni microbiologist, Jamil Qasim Saeed Mohammed, who was wanted in connection with the October 2000 bombing of the warship USS Cole.

The report noted that an aircraft bearing the tail number N379P, and parked at Karachi airport, had whisked Mohammad away on October 23.

On December 18 men with American accents, wearing hoods and working with special Swedish security police, brought two Egyptian nationals onto a Gulfstream V that was parked at night at Stockholm's Bromma airport, Swedish officials and airport personnel said.

The account was confirmed independently by The Washington Post. The plane's tail number: N379P. The men were flown to Cairo. Later, Ahmed Agiza was convicted by Egypt's Supreme Military Court of terrorism-related charges. Muhammad Zery was set free. Both say they were tortured while in Egyptian custody. Sweden has opened an investigation into the decision to allow them to be rendered.

In January 2002, a US-registered Gulfstream V landed in Jakarta. Indonesian officials say it carried away Muhammad Saad Iqbal Madni, an Egyptian travelling on a Pakistani passport who was suspected of being an al-Qaeda operative. Without a hearing, he was flown to Egypt. His status and whereabouts are unknown.

On December 1, 2002, the aircraft, complete with a new tail number, was transferred to a new owner, Bayard Foreign Marketing of Portland. Its registered agent, Scott Caplan, did not return calls.

Bayard's sole listed corporate officer, Leonard Bayard, has no residential or telephone history. His name does not appear in any other public records.

The Washington Post

I don't think the public needs to know every single national security move it's government makes. People are sheep with too little stomach and will not allow what needs to be done be done. Washington Post goes on my do not buy list.

When I was young and asked my dad what he thought of stuff like this, the answer was: "yep they're sonobitches, but they're OUR sonobitches". Then he reminded me about a pet dog that we once had that went bad, couldn't be trusted and was biting people and killing the other animals. As much as he hated to do it,and it wasn't a popular decision with the rest of the family, he had to take it out and take care of things.

quote:

Originally posted by DJ:
I don't think the public needs to know every single national security move it's government makes. People are sheep with too little stomach and will not allow what needs to be done be done. Washington Post goes on my do not buy list.

Bingo..Take them somewhere and behead them for all I care.

I don't think the idea is to actually off them. They just dangle them out the door until they start cooperating.
grin.gif

I like the old saying about how people like to eat sausage, but they don't like to see how it is made.

I like the good old ones about:
* innocent until proven guilty.
* fair trials.
* extradition in accordance with international law.
* trials under either military law or international law, not some made up system that stops people being classed under either banner.

You know, the sorts of nice things that us "holier than thou" countries preach incessently.

And we remember Bush's one of many "justifications" of our self inflicted **** for Iraqi citizens and US soldiers in Iraq was that "Sadam tortured people"......

Well ....you give them a choice.

It reminds me of a movie with Vic Morrow and Alan Alda called "The Glass House". In it Vic was a prison boss man. This young kid was just new in prison and Vic treated him nice. Give him a guitar ... Anyway, at one point the kid is strumming the guitar in Vic's cell and a few of Vic's subordinates are there as well. Vic says to the kid "Kid, there are only two things I can't get in here. One's a helicopter (Vic and three henchmen laught loudly - kid smiles). The other is a woman." ...kid gets one of those looks on his face and stops strumming the guitar. Vic says, "Hey kid. It's either me .....or them three."

So ...these savage enemies of civilization have the option for the peaceful and civil alternative to the torture of those who don't mind inflicting it. They can confess their sins against humanity and pehaps escape full payment for their transgressions against the peaceful.

..or they can opt for what's behind door #3
dunno.gif

There are some clandestine activities that should never be made public, and this may be one of them. Probably some "James Bond" overtures here.

quote:

Vic says to the kid "Kid, there are only two things I can't get in here. One's a helicopter

Wasnt Vic Morrow killed in a helicopter crash?

Sounds like the same kind of story about Area 51. There's a unmarked jet the takes off from Las Vegas everyday and lands at Area 51 and the UFO people think that they are moving aliens around or something.

quote:

Wasnt Vic Morrow killed in a helicopter crash?

I believe that he was killed by a helicopter in the filming of the movie "The Twilight Zone" when an explosion stunt caused the helicopter to strike him and the child that he was carrying.

Is it a Boeing product???
cheers.gif

I'll bet the jet uses Amsoil repackaged in Royal Purple bottles. The Fuel trucks use GC and the ground power carts well they use Synergyn probably.

I could be wrong, I saw a picture of itmon the net claimed to be the planer used to shuttle workers to Groom lake and back. I was looking around the net after I met a guy with a degree in forensic anthropology that claimed to have worked there as a contractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back