Mystery Item

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a solar powered spaghetti dryer. You wrap the wet spaghetti around those fingers, liberally on both sides, then close it up and put it under a small tree. Works like a charm. Was there any spaghetti in it?

I’m thinking a underground vault type container for electrical or other lines. The openings lead me to that possibility. I’ve never seen anything like that though.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
I’m thinking a underground vault type container for electrical or other lines. The openings lead me to that possibility. I’ve never seen anything like that though.

What if it's on the power poles and dropped from the sky?

That would make good strain relief for a low voltage app like telephone or maybe CATV.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: PimTac

What if it's on the power poles and dropped from the sky?

That would make good strain relief for a low voltage app like telephone or maybe CATV.

There ya go. Do we have any utility workers here that can tell us?

might be some kind of wire loom for the power lines
21.gif

I doubt it is power related.

New subdivisions use all kinds of weird stuff, because all utilities are underground now.

I am guessing phone or CATV related item

It looks like the thing is meant to be jammed atop a post/pole/rod. Notice how the internal prongs are splayed-as if they have been pushed aside by a pole etc.

Any wiring can be peeled off to exit the side hole and/or continue straight out the "top".

Ornamental, temporary festive lighting?

I'm stumped. The dimensions are tough to grasp. Could you get a pic with say a beer bottle or pop/soda can beside it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back