My wife's "new" BMW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the color. The 3 series looks elegant and sporty at the same time.

I'm guessing you will have to move your Vette out of the garage so she can park her BMW inside.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
You are supposed to marry someone who wants YOU to have one....

I was super lucky that before we made this purchase, she gave the green light for me to trade my 98 Corvette for the 2005 Corvette in April 2013
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: dparm
Nice find. Also good to see you went for the LCI, which has some nice improvements.

What does LCI mean?

Originally Posted By: Andy636
That is one sweet looking car. Can I ask how much you payed for it?

We got it for $22,000 Canadian, which is less than half the cost of a new one.

Originally Posted By: Nebroch
That's nice BMW E90, looks better than current model. It would be wise to check that all fluids are fresh and replace if necessary , I don't know how it is U.S. but in EU dealer service won't usually change them much in addition to engine oil.

It appears that the oil was done not too long ago but I still plan on changing it pretty soon, possibly next week. We are taking a trip to NYC this coming weekend and if we can find a Walmart along our route I'm gonna stop and pick up some Mobil 1 0w40 and an oil filter (it will probably cost us half what it costs up here since M1 isn't on sale right now and is $13 a liter now!)

Originally Posted By: BISCUT

Yes indeed! Gr8 engine. I hope the I6 comes back after they toy with the 4 turbos. THe I6 has been a staple for BMW AND MB! The more I drive my 08 the more I like it. You sir, made a huge mistake. You will be buying BMW for the lady many years to come!

I have no problem with that! Hopefully we'll get about ten years of service from this one before we need to buy another one (and again then we'll buy one that's 3 or 4 years old and save a ton of $$$ compared to new)

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette

I'm guessing you will have to move your Vette out of the garage so she can park her BMW inside.

Not a chance! Although she did say that when we take the Corvette on weekend getaways that she'd feel more comfortable if we moved the BMW into it's garage space while we were gone
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Patman
Originally Posted By: dparm
Nice find. Also good to see you went for the LCI, which has some nice improvements.

What does LCI mean?

Life Cycle Impulse. BMW's nomenclature for 'facelift'.

Originally Posted By: Patman
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
CPO?

Not sure what CPO means

Certified Pre-Owned - a vehicle that has been certified by BMW and now carries an extended warranty.

Cool, Patman! My wife is still driving her '04 530i with the M54 inline 6. Recently had second transmission service and program updates. Bought it with 32K miles and now have 144K. Hers has sports package, which means low profile tires. Keeping dings out of the rims has been a pain, but that car handles better than any I've ever driven.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Certified Pre-Owned - a vehicle that has been certified by BMW and now carries an extended warranty.

Ah, I see. We bought it from a small used car dealer and it has no extended warranty unfortunately. Hopefully we don't have any major repairs any time soon!

Originally Posted By: rainman49
Cool, Patman! My wife is still driving her '04 530i with the M54 inline 6. Recently had second transmission service and program updates. Bought it with 32K miles and now have 144K. Hers has sports package, which means low profile tires. Keeping dings out of the rims has been a pain, but that car handles better than any I've ever driven.

Can I assume that ours has the sports package too since it has the 17" wheels? I've seen a few 2010s out there with 16" wheels, and they don't look as nice with the smaller wheels, so I'm glad we found this one! In all honesty I didn't like the look of these wheels as much when I saw the pictures online, but in person I like them a lot! They are going to be a bear to keep clean, hopefully the brake pads on the car right now are not major dust shedders. I'll definitely get ceramic pads put on in the future!

Fortunately, I've got a great independent shop to work on the 530i. But, BMW parts are expensive. The shop is family-owned and they are fishing friends. They let me buy the parts online for them to install, which saves me quite a bit. Be aware that for significant service the Bimmer will have to be hooked to the diagnostic machine. We do run premium fuel. Tried mid-grade, but it does better on premium. I tried to talk my wife into an Avalon or Lexus, but she wanted a BMW. I'm glad she did!

Originally Posted By: rainman49
BTW, I change oil every 7K miles, not the ridiculous 15K this model calls for. I always use an LL-01 oil.

I will probably stick with once a year oil changes, like I did with her VW Jetta, which means it will probably be 9-10k between changes. That should be a piece of cake with M1 0w40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back