My wife really is blonde

That is the exact opener we have on the outside of our house. For OUR particular model, you can indeed require a code to close as well as open. I have mine set so you have to have the code to both open and close the door from the outside.

Someone needs to contact Duffyjr's wife and have her program a code to close the door and not tell him.

We have the same opener and it's push enter to close. Your reasoning to punch the code to close the door?

I'm not getting this. What am I not seeing here? I had a detached garage back in the 70's.

I just bought an extra opener and mounted it on the wall in the kitchen, next to the back door. Press it before you leave and the garage door opens. Press it again when you come back in and it closes. No keypads, codes, and B.S.

A little history first, we have had a garage door opener for the 33 years we've lived here and have a keypad mounted on the side of the garage door all this time.

I took off a little early yesterday to come home and do some yard work. I was done and sitting in a chair outside when the door opens and my wife pulls in. As she was walking out of the garage I happen to notice she punched in the code to shut the door. Now for a few seconds I thought don't say anything and then it blurted out, "honey you don't have to punch in the code to close the door", she looked at me and said, "now you tell me".

I swear I never noticed her doing that all these years, I just assumed she knew.
So who's the blonde?

Why was the blonde sitting up on the roof? Someone had shouted "drinks on the house."
Yes my wife has a degree in sociology but dang she can do some goofy stuff.

When she's talking too much I pick up the remote and point it at her like I'm turning off the TV, it always cracks her up.
I do the same. But she does not laugh!

I'm not getting this. What am I not seeing here? I had a detached garage back in the 70's.

I just bought an extra opener and mounted it on the wall in the kitchen, next to the back door. Press it before you leave and the garage door opens. Press it again when you come back in and it closes. No keypads, codes, and B.S.
We do have a remote clipped/hanging on the kitchen window shutter she uses to open but she's always shut it outside. We also have the Chamberlain app on our phones.

I'm not getting this. What am I not seeing here?

Bill, this is a wireless remote that's mounted on the outside door frame. They open the door remotely, pull car in, and as they walk out the open garage door instead of a man door they hit the large button once (or wife puts the code in and hits the enter button) to close the door. I use ours all the time, coming back from walking dogs, leaving for a bike ride, coming back from a bike ride, working in back and need something from the garage and the man door is locked, etc etc. Pretty handy.

Same as your remote by the back door only different.

So the new Tahoe let’s you customize the instrument panel.

My wife tells me she finally has it setup perfectly - but, says I don’t know how I did it - so don’t go messing with it …

I said that’s bc I did it - She says: anyway, don’t go messing with it … 😷

I live in a HOA and the couple across moved in several months ago. Our small community has a gate you need to use a remote to open the gate coming in. On the way out the system will detect you when you pull up to the stop sign.

The lady told me the other day that leaving the gate opens automatically for her niece but she has to use the remote to leave.

Until she picks up the TV remote to answer the phone, you're ok.
OMG!!! I cant even begin to guess how many years ____ until I gave up trying to teach her to play a DvD!!! I ended up writing a freaking manual on how to turn on the Tvs, turn on the video players. Go from cable Tv to video mode. It was like that part in the comedy movie "City Slickers." The 3
friends are riding among the herd of cows. Two of them been going on and on for hours with Billy Crystal trying to talk his other friend thru taping stuff while watching other shows etc.... The other guy finally had enough and flips his lid as he screams at them "ok! ENOUGH already! Please ? Its been hours already. He doesnt get it. He just doesn't get it, he just cant do it. Come on... PLEASE? He WILL NEVER GET IT!!! I mean, EVEN the cows can tape a tv show by now!"
LOL / ROTFLMAO
!!! Even the cows can tape something by now!

I am going to share, and if you don't believe this I totally understand, I wouldn't from some random guy on the net.

My step sister who has very dark hair for the record, called her Dad, my Step Dad (who is my Dad to me) who is a legit mechanic and said.

SS. Dad I think I got a flat tire.
SD. What the h--l do you mean you THINK you have a flat tire?
SS. The tire is flat on the bottom but still round on top.

Yep!
When I worked for a VW Dealership a guy changed his oil, and used atf fluid. HE ruined the engine and wanted it warrantied.

Little kids tall enough to hit the button and lock themselves out of the garage.
Or hit things in the way of the door - like a car I might be working on. Yes, the door will reverse, but it can still leave a mark.
Once you have littles running around, you lock everything. Our youngest is 11 now, but we now have two grand children :)

Speaking of buttons littles shouldn't press - care to know how long I trouble shot my boat at the marina after my toddler flipped the kill switch on the control lever?
One of my brothers who is not into working on cars, and has a wife who will not spend an extra dollar on getting anything fixed, or let him spend to get something fixed, drove his 2007 hybrid Altima around for several years with a non working radio.

One day he tried to connect a 12 volt appliace into the 12 Volt accesdory socket and found that the socket would not work. When he looked at it he realized there was a dime inside the socket. And he remembered that years earlier his young son wanted to put a dime in that socket and he told him not to do that because it would mess it up. And then he asked the son if he had put the dime in the socket and the son said yes he did it. When my brother asked him why he told my brother that it was because he didn't like the kind of music that my brother played on the radio.

Talk about young kids doing things that they shouldn't be doing, he did it on purpose.

Last edited:
Back