My wife really is blonde

A little history first, we have had a garage door opener for the 33 years we've lived here and have a keypad mounted on the side of the garage door all this time.

I took off a little early yesterday to come home and do some yard work. I was done and sitting in a chair outside when the door opens and my wife pulls in. As she was walking out of the garage I happen to notice she punched in the code to shut the door. Now for a few seconds I thought don't say anything and then it blurted out, "honey you don't have to punch in the code to close the door", she looked at me and said, "now you tell me".

I swear I never noticed her doing that all these years, I just assumed she knew.

I don't understand. I am assuming the garage is detached and there is not an open/close button next to a door that would lead into the house.
So how would the garage door normally get closed ?

Back in my youth in the early '70s I had a true blonde girlfriend. Always fun loving and a bit of an airhead at times, but she was a very smart girl, especially in mathematics. Last I knew she ended up in the computer business and did well for herself. Anyway, her blonde hair, on certain parts of her body at least, always looked weird to me.

Scott

PS I would have punched the code to close the garage door.

Last edited:
It was probably just this past year I noticed you didn't have to punch in the code to close the door, just to open it. So she's not the only one, and I'm not blonde either.

Detached garage, by the way.

I don't understand. I am assuming the garage is detached and there is not an open/close button next to a door that would lead into the house.
So how would the garage door normally get closed ?
Yes detached garage. Guess I should of mentioned that.

shopping.jpg

I am going to share, and if you don't believe this I totally understand, I wouldn't from some random guy on the net.

My step sister who has very dark hair for the record, called her Dad, my Step Dad (who is my Dad to me) who is a legit mechanic and said.

SS. Dad I think I got a flat tire.
SD. What the h--l do you mean you THINK you have a flat tire?
SS. The tire is flat on the bottom but still round on top.

Yep!

Always fun loving and a bit of an airhead at times, but she was a very smart girl...

Scott
Yes my wife has a degree in sociology but dang she can do some goofy stuff.
Until she picks up the TV remote to answer the phone, you're ok.
When she's talking too much I pick up the remote and point it at her like I'm turning off the TV, it always cracks her up.

That is the exact opener we have on the outside of our house. For OUR particular model, you can indeed require a code to close as well as open. I have mine set so you have to have the code to both open and close the door from the outside.
The only thing I did was program it to work with the opener, by default you don't have to enter the code to close the door and I'm not sure why you would do that.

So I have to ask why do you have it setup to require the code too close?

That is the exact opener we have on the outside of our house. For OUR particular model, you can indeed require a code to close as well as open. I have mine set so you have to have the code to both open and close the door from the outside.
Looks exactly like ours too. The code- or no-code option is probably customizable, but I've never seen a manual for it.

The only thing I did was program it to work with the opener, by default you don't have to enter the code to close the door and I'm not sure why you would do that.

So I have to ask why do you have it setup to require the code too close?

Little kids tall enough to hit the button and lock themselves out of the garage.
Or hit things in the way of the door - like a car I might be working on. Yes, the door will reverse, but it can still leave a mark.
Once you have littles running around, you lock everything. Our youngest is 11 now, but we now have two grand children :)

Speaking of buttons littles shouldn't press - care to know how long I trouble shot my boat at the marina after my toddler flipped the kill switch on the control lever?

I do this to annoy my wife and kids. I just keep repeating "Hello"? "Hello? all the while the phone keeps ringing. It gets everyone riled up :ROFLMAO:
I recently cancelled my land line altogether, so I can't do that anymore. (y)💲
sure you can! now you can just say, didn't ya'll hear the phone ringing?

Back