My wife is a keeper!

We went out for dinner tonight and we took the C43. When I fired it up in the garage the growling AMG performance exhaust was really reverberating off the walls. My wife's comment? "I'm so glad we got this instead of the M240i; it rides better and the seats are more comfortable."
It seems that I have corrupted my wife to the point that she prefers a ride that the wimps writers at Car and Driver described as "needlessly stiff."

No opinion on the vehicle choice above but the unintended double entendre is deliciously subtle.

1673207184886.jpeg

We went out for dinner tonight and we took the C43. When I fired it up in the garage the growling AMG performance exhaust was really reverberating off the walls. My wife's comment? "I'm so glad we got this instead of the M240i; it rides better and the seats are more comfortable."
It seems that I have corrupted my wife to the point that she prefers a ride that the wimps writers at Car and Driver described as "needlessly stiff."
The wheelbase of the C-class is slightly longer than the F32 (4 series) and a full 7 inches longer than the 2-series.

The 2-series in terms of dimensions falls right between the E46 and E92 and I wouldn't be surprised that there are stiffer springs on the 240 due to the extra weight of the I6. My wife's 230i is much more compliant than my 4 series.

Mine… I love that she just enjoys her CRV, takes good care of it, and is happy with it. She doesnt handle shakes and rattles, and the climate control needs to not frustrate her. But she sees a car as an appliance and I appreciate that. She just wants it to work.

….. to a point.

my son might sell his civic 1.5T 6MT. Yeah it has all the silly “go fast” trim for the era of civic, but it is a fabulous car to drive. I have seriously considered buying it off him and selling the Lexus, and became more serious after driving it for a week. I mentioned it to her on about day 5 as we were running errands in it, and she made hesitant and unpleasant noises. Translation, I think, was somewhere between: “please do not part ways with the Lexus to drive a Honda Civic,” and “Why do you have 3 heads growing out of your neck?” I knew the look and tone - rare moment where she has an opinion regarding cars, “got it.”

My wife likes my truck only because there are no payments on it and it brings in mileage income every two weeks. LOL.

Back