My Volvo dealer is using cheap bulk oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray, your right, I will garauntee you I take better care of my engine than my body, kinda makes you want to re-estabish your priorities don't it.

Speaking of which, I wonder how many of us bring our blood pressure to a roiling boil discussing the "abuse" to our car engines from using inferior brands or types of motor oils while we habitually stuff our mouths with Big Macs and fries by the handful and wash it all down with a double caffeine jolt of designer coffee concoctions...

If you do a search, we actually had a topic about this a little while back...
grin.gif

Fear of bulk tanks is one of the reasons why I stick with the Wal-Mart boobs and their low end SuperTech. At least it's bottled and no one's going to bootleg it. How do you know whose brother in law is filling those bulk oil tanks and what kind of scam they're running? If someone dropped some non-detergent SA oil in there they'd never find out. Lots of those tanks have Pennzoil on the bottom, Valvoline in the middle and rusty fittings on the top.

Remember talking to someone about thirty plus years ago who ran a theater concession stand. Their costs were computed with boxes used. Used to grab up the old popcorn boxes off the floor (scraping the gum wads off the inside) and reuse them in order to gain a few extra bucks on the back charges. Same kind of people who worked in theatre concessions in the seventies could be working in lube places in the zeros.

[ December 08, 2003, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: csandste ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back