My very small oil stash

Status
Not open for further replies.
2ue1oc8.jpg

Nice collection of motor oil. Is your 300ZX the same color as your model car as well? I noticed that stereo receiver in the back and your collection of records. I have a Pioneer one which my dad bought way back probably in the late 70s and looks somewhat similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: lpcmidst128
Nice collection of motor oil. Is your 300ZX the same color as your model car as well? I noticed that stereo receiver in the back and your collection of records. I have a Pioneer one which my dad bought way back probably in the late 70s and looks somewhat similar.

Thanks! Nah,the real Z is Arctic Pearl. The reciever,it`s a Realistic STA-2000D from about 1978. I have their flagship one in storage (it`s the 120x2 model) and it`s a MONSTER!!!!! The whole back of that thing is covered in heat sinks and takes about two people to move! Bought them on Ebay a few years back. Besides cars and oil,my other hobby is 60s garage/psych music. I have several thousand lps and 45s all from about 1964-1970. All original vinyl copies. My record stash definitely dominates my oil stash
11.gif

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
I love that little 300zx! where did you get it?

Hey Third! How`ve ya been? I bought it at Target last year. I actually bought all three that they had.........two black ones and a red one. I bought two really cool Buick Grand National Hot Wheels the other day at Walmart. I`ll have to post a pic of them for BuickGN here.

My girlfriend bought me a Lancer Evolution VII and a Celica die cast car, the same size as that 300zx, but I'd love to have that one as well to put next to them
thumbsup2.gif
I've never seen a die cast 300zx for sale before.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
I've never seen a die cast 300zx for sale before.

Kyoshso makes it at least in 1/43, 1/24, and 1/18.

Turntable`s a Realistic also. LAB-440 from about 1983. Has a Shure R-1000 cartridge. There`s this one that`s made by Shure,I think it`s a V-15 mono cartridge. You would`nt believe how awesome 60s rock sounds through a mono cartridge and lots of compressed power (especially since most of it was originally mastered in mono)!!!!! That`ll probably be my next project.......beefing up my stereo. Most of my heavier equipment is stored at my dad`s. I have a set of horn loaded Electro Voice speakers that stand almost 6 feel tall. My duplex is a lil small for them though. I`d probably make my neighbors go deaf :^P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back