My Truck near Utah Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for a drive around the Lake near my home.

Very nice day with temps in the 60s.

Stopped at a shooting area to pick up some brass and took a photo of my 7 year old truck with Provo - Springville in the back ground.

Sorry about the need of a wash job...
rolleyes.gif

-

Take care, bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Looks great, Bill
Our area in Southern Ontario is flatter than pi$$ on a platter. Every few years Mama Bear and I take a motor tour to the West coast. Canadian side westbound, U.S. side homeward. That fills our need for hills and mountains for a while.
Thanks for the beautiful photo.
cheers.gif

I could bring my 'rolla out and park it next to yours.
P.B.

that is an absolutly beautiful view. I would love to see something like that on a regular basis. It's flat around here.

that is an absolutly beautiful view. I would love to see something like that on a regular basis. It's flat around here.

quote:

Originally posted by marcre:

The only problem with the mountains is with the extreme growth we have had here in the last 10-15 years, it holds the "dirty" air (some call that SMOG) to a point where you can not see the mountains from the valley floor.

The real sad thing is you climb 1000 feet up and you can see for 50 miles then.

quote:

Thanks for the beautiful photo.

Your most welcome. I'm hoping that I can start everyone taking photos of their rides and where they live and post them here!

quote:

Nice truck...nice view

Thanks!

Oh, by the way. If you look in the back ground behind my truck, you'll see about 50 trash bags...

The scouts are doing a program that they go into the shooting areas and pick up trash and bag it. Then someone comes by with a dump truck and it gets hauled off to the CORRECT PLACE called the dump.

We have some REAL SLOBS that shoot up their trash and leave it. Then we also have folks who just come out and dump.

I always carry a camera and last year, I caught a guy who came up while I was shooting and dumped 1/2 truck of trash about 50 feet from me.

I took photos of him and his dumping. Got a close up of his plate. He came up and asked why I was taking photos. I told him because I was going to turn him in. He thought I was kidding.

I was not, I told him to put the crap back into the truck and I'll delete the photos. He laughed and took off.

The sheriff got a CD-Rom of the photos and a letter.
cheers.gif

Never heard if he got busted..
dunno.gif

Thanks guys!
Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Nice picture Bill. If you catch that guy doing it again, send the CD to the local TV station so they can show it and ask the general public if they know who the scum bag is. That happened where I live and the guy was identified. Judge gave him a $2,500 fine and he had to serve 3 months of community service by picking up neighbourhood trash.

quote:

Originally posted by pda1122:
haha u got balls for doing that!

I take it that Bill probably could have taken care of himself, seein' how he was at a shooting range, shooting.

quote:

Originally posted by Johnny:
Nice picture Bill. If you catch that guy doing it again, send the CD to the local TV station so they can show it and ask the general public if they know who the scum bag is. That happened where I live and the guy was identified. Judge gave him a $2,500 fine and he had to serve 3 months of community service by picking up neighbourhood trash.

Duh!
pat.gif

Never thought of that. I would think that he would have been contacted by the sheriff and with that proof, the perp prob just got a fine and some "orange vest on weekend duty".
grin.gif

quote:

haha u got balls for doing that!

Like thooks said, I was there shooting and I always carry anyway. But would never pull out a weapon unless they were doing the same..

But I really never worry (I guess thats sorta dumb) about having a major problem. I'm too old and too big and so far, never had a real problem. (being 6foot 6 and 300lbs does not hurt..)
lol.gif

ALso, I don't go at people as I like to treat people like I'd like to be treated. Even people dumping trash.. Thats why I told him just pick it up and your done.

I gave him a choice! Like "Deal - No Deal"
lol.gif

But I like Johnnys idea there. If there is a next time I'll do that.
cheers.gif

Take care, bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

I'm thinking of upgrading my '98 extended cab shortbox chev truck to an 05 or 06 like yours.

I was pretty disappointed to find out that the newer models like yours have grown 11" in length.

11" is the distance between my front bumper and my workbench when I close the garage door an let the truck roll back till it's touching the door.

I might just have to cut my workbench back 11" in depth. Have you been pleased with this truck for reliability etc Bill? Do you have the 5.3 or the 4.7, and what is your experience with fuel economy?

I can get 22mpg from my 4x4 5.7L vortec at a steady 70mph.

quote:

That truck looks really nice for 7 years old!!! Awesome picture.

It would look so much better if I washed the salt off it. It has not been waxed in 2-3 years and really needs it. I will clean it up soon.
rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the comments!

quote:

Have you been pleased with this truck for reliability etc Bill? Do you have the 5.3 or the 4.7, and what is your experience with fuel economy?

I can get 22mpg from my 4x4 5.7L vortec at a steady 70mph.

I have the 4.8l, It's a 2000 and it's been the best truck I've owned to date. My 1996 Chev was a close 2nd.

It's never been back to the dealership since I drove it off the lot in Nov 1999. Nothing has gone wrong. I have about 4 recalls that need to be done I guess...
rolleyes.gif

Fuel mileage is around 20-22. Worst has been 16-17 with a large load from Las Vegas up the hill to here. Best has been around 24-26 going down the hill.

I've got about 2 feet in the front to the wall and 8 inches to the door in my garage. Also I tap the garage door with the antenna everytime I come in the garage. Never going out...

My mom and Dad bought the same truck as I have but it's a automatic and push button Transfer case in 2002. Its never had a problem either. They average 19-20 with their truck. (its got a shell on it)

Theirs also has the 4th door. Mine is a 3 door.

If something happened to it tomarrow, I'd buy another one without thinking twice.
patriot.gif

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

I had a 2000 Chevy Silverado like Bill's, except 2WD, 5.3L and Auto.

One of the best vehicles I've ever owned, too. I drove it for 5 years, 100k miles. I think the only time it was at the stealership for warranty work was for the passenger side window motor. They even did an after-warranty deal on that.

Not to say that the truck didn't have some repairs-

At the time I sold it, it needed:

Wheel bearing assembly on one wheel (ABS sensor was going out)
Horn did not work (do not know the cause)
Mileage peg wouldn't work good, would take 2+ minutes of pushing it to get it to flip
Fuel gauge would "wave" at you after filling up. Probably the fuel pump module.
Spark plugs/wires
Brake fluid needed flushing

It has a separate A/C compressor belt in addition to the serpentine belt.
dunno.gif

The good things-

21+ MPG highway with A/C
EXCELLENT power, torque, ride.
Ride was amazing. Flat out rode better than most cars.
Handling was almost race-carish
Quiet, comfortable truck
Probably looking at it's first brake job at 120k miles, and that is unreal around here.

It would use a bit of oil during a 4,000 mile oil run.

I like these trucks... I'm leaning towards getting one.

I've had a fair number of problems with my '98, but when it's running it's a very good vehicle.

My subjective view is that they're the best looking full sized trucks out there. They really seem to age well. I'll get a photo of mine up here when I can, but it's pretty much exactly like Bill's truck (color and everything) but the previous generation.

Maybe I'll take a trip to the mountains and see if I can't copy Bill's photo on my truck!

Went and finally washed and cleaned up the truck! (once a year it seems..)
rolleyes.gif

Was out yesterday and took a few photos. It was overcast so not the best for photos..

Sorry in advance!

This is in Orem with mountains in backgound.

-

And just photo of truck..

-

I'll have to say cleaned up real well for it's age. I need to get the water spots off it and put on a coat of wax.. (it's prob been waxed 2-3 times in it's life..)

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

PS: Come on folks, let's post your ride here!
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back