My TropArtic UOA: OUCH! and HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just posted my UOA for the TropArtic 5W-30. I was shocked to learn there is (may be?) antifreeze in the crankcase!!! OUCH!!! @#$%!!! Where could it be coming from? I haven't observed any loss of coolant from the reservoir...could it be coming from somewhere else without showing up in the overflow tank? I am disapponted to say the least. What do I need to tell the stealer when I take it to them, and is this usually covered under warranty (which I did buy an extended one when I bought the truck)?

Other than that, what are your thoughts on the other numbers, notwithstanding the leakage? Does it seem to be otherwise holding up well, or are there other concerns?

TIA!!!

Head gasket, manifold gasket, or cracked head, are common coolant suppliers to the crankcase.
How does she hold pressure [squeeze a hose] after a drive and is turned off? Does the hose go soft right away, or does it take a couple of hours? [quick down and dirty test that works]

quote:

Originally posted by mechtech:
Head gasket, manifold gasket, or cracked head, are common coolant suppliers to the crankcase.
How does she hold pressure [squeeze a hose] after a drive and is turned off? Does the hose go soft right away, or does it take a couple of hours? [quick down and dirty test that works]

Would the amount of coolant loss reflected in these numbers show up in the overflow? I haven't checked the hoses, but I'll do that tomorrow...thanks!

I would go with shorter oci until you get the leak fixed but since you have an extended warranty. fix asap. The only problem I see is that you have a Nissan even though you have an extended warranty. Good luck getting them to fix it. the nissan dealer in Memphis gave us a huge fight to fix a headgasket leak in a Sentra last year with an extended warranty through the dealer bought new. They wouldn't do squat until the check engine light came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back