My trip to the Ford dealer this AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
While waiting at the Ford store this morning to pickup a $3 part that was going to cost me $31 I happened to look at the oil they had on the shevles.

Cases and cases of Motorcraft oil in 2 viscosities only. 5W-20 and 15W-40. I wonder what they put in the 4.0L V6's? Any guesses?

I also overheard a service guy talking to a local tire shop. "Yea, those tires we called about yesterday? Yea, we need them. 215 75R 15 and SL whatever those letters mean..."

Next time your vehicle has to go to the dealer, be afraid. Be very afraid.
lol.gif

quote:

Originally posted by jsharp:

Next time your vehicle has to go to the dealer, be afraid. Be very afraid.
lol.gif

Sadly, they all COME from the dealer. On a few cars I've owned, the lack of pre-sale prep (PDI) made me wish I could have just picked the car up from the factory gates...

quote:

Originally posted by jsharp:
While waiting at the Ford store this morning to pickup a $3 part that was going to cost me $31 I happened to look at the oil they had on the shevles.

Cases and cases of Motorcraft oil in 2 viscosities only. 5W-20 and 15W-40. I wonder what they put in the 4.0L V6's? Any guesses?

Do they use any bulk MC oil in the service area? Perhaps they have the other viscosities in bulk...
dunno.gif

At my Ford Dealership where I Work
We use Bulk 5W-20 and Bottled if you request.
We use Bulk 5W-30 and Bottled if you request.
We use Bottled 15W-40
We use Bulk MerconV and Bottled if you request
We use Bottled Mercon

The level of competence varies greatly from dealer to dealer. Where I work there are both complete dummies and very knowledgable people. Finding a good dealership is worth its weight in gold.

quote:

Originally posted by robbobster:
On a few cars I've owned, the lack of pre-sale prep (PDI) made me wish I could have just picked the car up from the factory gates...

Not gonna happen any time soon unless you're employed by a car factory.
The dealers have pushed laws requiring every new car to be sold through established, factory independent dealerships.
The car manufacturers are not allowed to sell cars themselves through retail, factory-controlled stores.
In 2000 the car factories tried to establish such a network and failed, thanks to aggressive resistance of NADA (National Automobile Dealers Association).
thumbsdown.gif

[ May 27, 2006, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: vad ]

Sure, if you can afford the Euro luxury plate, why not. Must be real fun.
The downside to European delivery is that it takes 4-8 weeks from the time you drop the car off in Europe to when you pick it up here in the states.

I found that there is a big difference between dealers too. Not only in service staff, but in price and sales tactics. Every dealer I have dealt with in the Richmond area (except Heritage Chevrolet in Chester) tried to initially rip me off in the sale of a new car. I got my last car from C&O Motors in St. Albans, WV and they beat the Central VA dealers price without any negotiating at all. No processing fees either. Sometimes the processing fees can be up to 300 bucks.

quote:

Originally posted by vad:
The downside to European delivery is that it takes 4-8 weeks from the time you drop the car off in Europe to when you pick it up here in the states.

Plus it would be cute if the container they put the car in washed overboard or got dropped 15 feet onto the pier
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Matt89:

quote:

Originally posted by vad:

Plus it would be cute if the container they put the car in washed overboard or got dropped 15 feet onto the pier
smile.gif

Both of those happened to my youngest son's Mini Cooper S. That was a long wait for delivery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back