My trip to AutoZone...is this GC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B8

Stopped by a couple AutoZones tonight looking for some GC. I found a couple quarts of Castrol Syntec 0W-30. The bottle does not say "Made in Germany" though...it says something like Made in USA from domestic and international stock...not to be sold outside of the US. The batch number was M013116855A1 1631. Is this the right stuff? I didn't buy any just in case. Have pics if anyone is interested. Thanks in advance!

well if it says made in the usa then its not GC. I think GC started in 02. not sure but if the label your talking about yellow then its not GC for sure.

try this link shows everything.

GC info

Wow! So this stuff was made in 2001...I guess they don't turn over their inventory too often...

Well, they way I look at it..with that kind of inventory turnover, finding post M01 GC(red label German M02-M04s)in this store would be a cinch.

Actualy most of the stores here have been picked over. My trips to AZ reveal mainly M01 with some M05 CG. All the M02, M03, M04 looks to have been bought up by elpolk.
mad.gif

Gilitar, that's what I thought for a while now until..

Yesterday, I happened to pass by one while on the way to lunch from a business errand. To my
shocked.gif
, I found 10 dusty pre-M051x Greens(2 M02s, 8 M04s)...

grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back