my toy... err, daily driver. (standard flavor 56k warning)

quote:
Originally posted by slugsgomoo: since most people like economy, gas mileage, and reliability for their daily drivers, for you this is a "toy". For those of us with VP-C16 in our veins, this is a "Daily driver". If you know what it is, A+. I'll explain later. [Wink]
SWEET! I knew what it was, but only had Ultimate 4 in my cardiac pump. Does that count?

since most people like economy, gas mileage, and reliability for their daily drivers, for you this is a "toy". For those of us with VP-C16 in our veins, this is a "Daily driver". If you know what it is, A+. I'll explain later. [Wink] (click for larger versions)  -  -  -  - fun stuff!

97tbird: thanks, but they're getting sold here, hopefully. I had a friend make me a honey of a deal on a set of Centerline RPM's and even though they're taller & narrower than what i wanted (18x7 vs. 17x8) I can't resist the whole "15lb" wheel thing (these weigh in @ a bit over 20lbs for 16x7). [Big Grin] I'll post those up when I get them in a week or two. beanoil: works for me. Lead is "supposedly" poisonous anyway. [Wink] Even with 92 up over $3/gal I think i'm going to try to head to the track on friday and run a couple gallons of Sunoco 110 lead. C16 is getting a little rich for me these days. [Eek!]

A couple years ago, my family bought me a "rally experience" for christmas. We did tail out power slides on a rectangular track in Toyota Sprinters and Celica GT4. The last 5-10 minutes was a hot lap rally style in the passenger seat of one of them...AWESOME

Ah, the official "sleeper". My buddy had a 91; 16G, full 3 inch turbo back, ACT 2600. That car made many an F-Body/Mustang owner go........ [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] Whatchya got under the hood of yours?

well, similar stuff: Evo3 B16g RC 550cc's Supra SMIC HKS EVC EZ 3" turboback w/ highflow cat (gotta save the environment) ACT 2600 RRE lightened flywheel etc. Also got myself some new shoes just recently... along with some new pictures of them, there's a picture of the new steering wheel (man the stock one is heinous. [Wink] ) The wheels are 18x7 Centerline RPM's and they weigh ~15lbs ea. I'm running 225/40-18 Yokohama Prada Spec-2's right now, though those will probably be replaced with BFG T/A KDW-2's in the same size.  -  -  -  -  - in the words of Quagmire "giggity giggity!" } [Big Grin]

I will work on it. The sidemount is what we will call "super-ultra-ghetto" and it was that way when i bought the car. I'm working on the fundage to go to a nice massive FMIC now. [Wink] As for underhoods, let me spend some more time with my best friend simplegreen, and then i'll get those going. I'm replacing my Mallory AFPR with a nice aeromotive unit this week though. <3

Shoot, more dirt just adds to the sleeper affect! (although 18 inch wheels sort of take the affect right out the door). Man, if I could find a VR4 in perfect running condition close to my area, I'd grab it in a heartbeat.