My towncar

Status
Not open for further replies.
oilfilter015.jpg

Ya' said you wanted more pics of this thing yesterday.

Well, here it is. My 1992 Lincoln Towncar.

oilfilter016.jpg

oilfilter019.jpg
oilfilter022.jpg
oilfilter023.jpg

That looks pretty darn good for a 17 year old car. I bet it has no problem doing the top speed listed on that speedo. What kind of gas mileage do you get?

Thats a bit of a blast from the past - In the nineties it seemed like every third car here was a Lincoln Town Car. All the blue-hairs and real estate agents had them, rental fleets were full of them, etc.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
I think this was one of the first cars that they put the 4.6L motor into. When they were still putting the 302 into other cars..

THE first.

Mustang didn't get the Modular until 1996.

It's interesting looking at the style of that interior and how it was luxury 17 years ago. Put that style in a car today and they'd complain how square and basic it is.

Having driven Town Cars extensively, I can say they are straight forward and relatively easy to fix and reasonably reliable. If you run a limo business they are probably your best bet, as long as you maintain them.

At the same time they are by far the most behind the times of any cars sold in the US in terms of modern technology. Unit bodies with modern crash design and independent rear suspensions in cars (not trucks) are here to stay. If you look at current road tests you will see these cars (including Grand Marquis and Crown Vic) are pretty much the poorest in their class.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
That looks pretty darn good for a 17 year old car. I bet it has no problem doing the top speed listed on that speedo. What kind of gas mileage do you get?

Oh.....around 15 mpg

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Needs floor mats.

Want to buy me some? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back