My thoughts on Yelloh-Schwans delivery...

Time for me to fill up my freezer with hundreds of dollars of ice cream! So I thought.....

I knew about the Schwans sell off of the pizza businesses and their name. But they kept ownership of the home delivery business, and changed name to Yelloh.
Okay like that was not confusing enough.
They dropped actual home delivery to only 28 states, raised the freezer temps from 22 below to 2 below in the warehouses, where they don´t deliver, they send a cold packed UPS box....
....alright, I understand efficiencies, so I log into my account....

All the legendary products have a new recipe, new packaging. Five star review legends are getting 3 stars, and clearly by the testimonies, they cheapened the ice cream. Reports of soggy wafers abound! I see videos online about how SmartSense made realized gains in operational efficiency.... but what about the product, the quality?

I will never know! I cannot pull the trigger and maybe be THAT GUY who gets a good order.... total bummer. Used to be able to get the freshest ice cream wafers from their vapor freezing ice cubes on wheels.

Time for me to fill up my freezer with hundreds of dollars of ice cream! So I thought.....

I knew about the Schwans sell off of the pizza businesses and their name. But they kept ownership of the home delivery business, and changed name to Yelloh.
Okay like that was not confusing enough.
They dropped actual home delivery to only 28 states, raised the freezer temps from 22 below to 2 below in the warehouses, where they don´t deliver, they send a cold packed UPS box....
....alright, I understand efficiencies, so I log into my account....

All the legendary products have a new recipe, new packaging. Five star review legends are getting 3 stars, and clearly by the testimonies, they cheapened the ice cream. Reports of soggy wafers abound! I see videos online about how SmartSense made realized gains in operational efficiency.... but what about the product, the quality?

I will never know! I cannot pull the trigger and maybe be THAT GUY who gets a good order.... total bummer. Used to be able to get the freshest ice cream wafers from their vapor freezing ice cubes on wheels.
Beloved, but pricy IIRC… Soon to be gone, I wager.

It’s odd in the overpriced world of everybody having their groceries delivered that Scwans couldn’t compete
Seems leadership is lacking, they could compete or at least copy. I was using RealEats before they abruptly closed. However, for ice cream, you need refrigeration, keeping the goods as cold as possible, a UPS box with cold packs will not cut it. I bought Scwans for the quality, not the price. Now I´m buying every ice cream novelty to figure out who has the best.(crunchy cones, not soggy wafers) and even that varies on how the freezer is working at the local grocer. Transproting home in Schwan freezer bags, with Yeti frozen ice blocks.

Reactions: GON
Back