My song of the day...

My song today would probably be Landslide by Fleetwood Mac.

Mainly because it’s an awesome song but really because we have a landslide going on at work with a new shop manager and he is really pushing my limits and nerves. He is making us clean every nook and cranny of the shop in our downtime and had them buy squeegees for us to clean the garage door windows. I’m not a janitor, I’m a tech. Now don’t get me wrong a clean shop is great and makes it a safe shop. And I’m happy we got new brooms and new mops because those were needed. But I’m not going to clean every time we have downtime that’s non sense and it’s holding me up when I can be working on something else or helping someone else. Especially being a younger guy who is eager to learn stuff I don’t know yet like electrical and alignments or the old tire machine from the 1980s and instead of being able to work with those guys now who are doing one when I’m free I get stuck cleaning the floors or windows. So does everyone else he is making everyone do it when there is no cars in our bay. Today after I was done I downed 4 bottles of water. I literally had to mop the same circle 6 times over two hours because he is obsessed with cleaning and said there won’t be any standing around or doing used cars. I’ve wanted to just walk out several times but I’m hanging in there. I’m going to talk to the big boss tomorrow or Friday and see if I can go somewhere else to a different franchise or another one of our shops or get the old guy back who moved back to express to help out. I think we will be able to work something out. He is pretty easy to talk too and will hear you out and has helped me before. I hate change for this reason. Plus the guy they sent back to express is an electrical genius which is who I need to be around. It’s all just a big mess and I want out of it. I’ll call it a landslide so it goes with the song.
I wish you the best.
Life is too short to be spending it working for a$$holes.

This one is in my top 5 favorites.
It's for...you know who you are.
We were too young to realize what we had together so many years ago.
I hope life treated you well.
That is all.

Back