My shipment of Amsoil was frozen hard outside my front door!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

To avoid headaches, it's better not to mix spirits of different origin. I mean if you drink vodka, don't drink wine or cognac. The common rule of "compatibility": vodka - beer (grains), wine-cognac (grapes).

Additive clash in my opinion.

[ January 18, 2004, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Steve S ]

In college all we ever drank was Absolut, probably because of their ad campaign. My favorite tradition was routing the freshmen out of bed at 7 a.m. Dec. 7 to drink Kamikazes. (equal parts vodka, triple sec and lime juice shaken with ice and strained into a shot glass) WARNING...this is the alcoholic equivalent of a stealth bomber. It goes down like Sprite and hits like Thor's hammer. Sure made those early classes exciting though.
cheers.gif

WAY OFF TOPIC, but, having spent a few years as a bartender and trying EVERYTHING, Absolut is my favorite mixer vodka. You can make truly headswimming Absolut and 7s with very little alcohol taste.

I'm more of a rum guy though. Captain and coke. Oh yeah!

quote:

Originally posted by heyjay:
FWIW the Esso Oil Products Handbook has a caution on "expected ambient temperature" and suggests the following absolute minimum temperatures for the grades listed:

15W-40 -20 C (-4 F)
10W-30 -25 C (-13 F)
5W-30 -30 C (-22 F)
0W-30 -40 C
0W-40 -40 C

The "0W" oils are partial synthetic HD diesel engine oils. A full synthetic like Mobil Delvac 1 should be good at -45 C.

Not to get back on subject or anything but I thought once below 0 that F and C were the same?

Sorry my conversion program has a bug I guess.

[ January 19, 2004, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: SHOZ ]

I am a fan of the Grey Goose and Belvidere but on a trip to NC I was at a liquor shop and the cashier recommended Three Olives- it's now my favorite Vodka!

It's cheaper than Grey Goose as well- Grey Goose is usually $30-35/liter while Three Olives is $21/liter.

Highly recommended! Give it a whirl- it's good with everything:)

If you're mixing with fruity beverages though, you don't need as high of quality- my "staple" vodka has always been Skyy as I prefer it over Absolut and it can be purchased at Sam's for $22/1.75.

quote:

Originally posted by SHOZ:

quote:

Originally posted by heyjay:
FWIW the Esso Oil Products Handbook has a caution on "expected ambient temperature" and suggests the following absolute minimum temperatures for the grades listed:

15W-40 -20 C (-4 F)
10W-30 -25 C (-13 F)
5W-30 -30 C (-22 F)
0W-30 -40 C
0W-40 -40 C

The "0W" oils are partial synthetic HD diesel engine oils. A full synthetic like Mobil Delvac 1 should be good at -45 C.

Not to get back on subject or anything but I thought once below 0 that F and C were the same?

Sorry my conversion program has a bug I guess.

Geez, yeah, hate to get back to the original subject. Uh, what was it??

If you graph values from -50 C to +50 C, you will notice that F and C converge at -40. 0 F is -18 C, 32 F is 0 C, 100 C is 212 F.

Canada switched to metric about the same time my brain refused to learn new things. So I have to take a scientific graphing calculator (HP 48GX) with built-in conversions just to figure out how many lbs of roast beef I'm buying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back