My review of YouTube TV and T-Mobile home internet

So I have had these for 3-4 weeks now so I thought I would review them.

YT TV: Has lots of channels including local ones. Unlimited cloud DVR. So far it is a good choice.

T-Mobile Internet: Speed is ok at 25-30 Mbps. Unlimited data. The only complaint I have is we lose connection at times and have to unplug the wifi router to get it back.

Was thinking of putting up the old roof antenna again for DTV Local channels, now I am thinking it may be just easier to stream live, local TV on the web using a minipc with a wireless keyboard. I would imagine I could run YT TV on that but now we are talking $65 a month then $50 + a month for a medium pipe fiber internet - we finally have provider competition in my area with FIDIUM (aka Consolodated Communications) Do not know but I might guess their customer service is garbage.

Maybe I should play the customer retention game with Comcast now that I have some ammo :)

T-Mobil Home 5G speeds vary with signal.

I have 2-bars and get between 50 and 350 Mbps. Typically 130 Mbps.

By brother in law gets 5-bars and consistent 350 Mbps.

Note - T-mobile may throttle back speeds if your local tower has high traffic. Cell phones take priority over Home 5G. Neighbor had a HUGE wedding party and my speed dropped down to 40 Mbps for several hours. This has only happened one time.

I average one 10-15 minute drop out every 3 months.

Happy with YT-TV.

Thanks for the info. I just cancelled my Direct TV Stream. $79.95 was getting expensive for what I was getting. I am looking at VidGo, and Philo now. If anyone has experience with either of those please chime in.

Thanks for the update, to me 25 to 30 mbps is unacceptable but just so everyone knows who may not know, like what others posted, it really is dependant on your local cell tower and your location, you have nothing to lose by trying it.

Thanks for the update, to me 25 to 30 mbps is unacceptable but just so everyone knows who may not know, like what others posted, it really is dependant on your local cell tower and your location, you have nothing to lose by trying it.
Depends what you do obviously. We have had no problems streaming as those speeds.

Depends what you do obviously. We have had no problems streaming as those speeds.
Have you tried doing speed test using different devices? Including maybe a current cell phone with the cell data turned off to make sure you are on your wifi network and within 10 feet of the router?

Have you tried doing speed test using different devices? Including maybe a current cell phone with the cell data turned off to make sure you are on your wifi network and within 10 feet of the router?
Been testing with my cell. different speed test sites. Today it it showing anywhere from 70-80 Mbps.

I ordered one for work at a MGP site:

Here's our TMO 5G home internet in a construction trailer in an industrial park. I do wish the router had more than 1 LAN port.
1663954836977.png

Here's an ATT hotspot from another company we're working with, with their own construction trailer next to ours. Supposedly they also have a normal TMO hotspot that they will alternate with, depending on the strength of the signal:
1663954885112.png

Back