My review of a Kia Soul (Dealer car)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local Ford dealer has a 2010 Kia Soul on the used lot, and since I had never seen one I decided to take a look.

First impression- Small on outside, huge inside! The seat fit me as well, almost better than the seat on the F150 does. Really roomy, and you didn't feel like you were in a cracker box. Didn't have the time to take it for a spin, but wow, it was a neat little car.

Has anyone ever owned/currently owns or has drivin one and can tell me what the driving/ride is like? Thinking about going after thanksgiving and taking a test drive. Thanks!

In general the newer Hyundai's and Kia's (Since Hyundai bought them and has had time to improve quality) are pretty reliable. As a matter of fact Hyundai has the highest level of consumer loyalty of any of the affordable brands (Some luxury brands may be higher).

Generally Korean cars tend to be more like American Cars than Japanese Cars in driving dynamics. The ride tends to be tuned to the soft side.

Sorry I havnt driven a Soul specifically.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Watch out for the giant gangster hamsters.

01.gif

We test drove a 5 speed manual and the shifting was quite notchy . Especially downshifts . The clutch was fine . A dose of REDLINE or AMSOIL to the manual tranny may help the shifting . Besides that , we liked the ride and room in it .

I looked at these closely last year, and liked them a lot. But, they are built off of the Rio and sure feel like it. Hit a bump on the highway and you are in oncoming traffic!

For the money, they are nice.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I looked at these closely last year, and liked them a lot. But, they are built off of the Rio and sure feel like it. Hit a bump on the highway and you are in oncoming traffic!

For the money, they are nice.

Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back