My Raisin Rolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice and crunchy on the outside, soft and not too dry on the inside. Here is the basic recipe. If you don't know in which order to mix ingredients, I can't help you, but I'm not going to start with Adam and Eve here.
wink.gif

500 g wheat flour
2 eggs
35 g sugar
65 g softened butter
150 ml warm (not cold or hot) milk
3/4 tsp salt

200 g currents/raisins/dried berries (I like to soak them in rum before using them, so they plump up nicely) -- mix and match to taste

Things that may be added to taste (without the taste is a bit plain):

- vanilla
- cinnamon
- almond oil/hazelnut oil/ walnut oil (don't forget to adjust amount of butter if you add any of these)
- almond paste
- maple syrup (if so, reduce amount of sugar)
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- rum
drool.gif

Make the basic dough first. Proof once, preferably cold (not warm) over night. Knead dough, shape rolls, place on floured baking sheet, brush with egg yolk and milk mix. Proof rolls until they have properly risen. Bake on the middle rack at around 350-375 F for about 30-40 minutes in a preheated oven. Keep a bowl with hot water at the bottom of the oven, unless you got a steam injection feature. Temps and time depend very much on your oven.

These raisin rolls taste best fresh, still warm, plain or with butter and jam.

raisinrolls_1734.jpg

raisinrolls_s_1736.jpg

Can you actually mix together ingredients measured in grams and bake them using the Fahrenheit scale? 8) They look mightly good. Nice glaze to them.

-T

Quote:

Can you actually mix together ingredients measured in grams and bake them using the Fahrenheit scale? 8)

I can. Can you?
laugh.gif

Measurements are very easily converted. There are many recipes where I measure everything in volume, which is nice because I don't need a scale. Mostly I use a scale for measuring larger quantities and table and teaspoons for smaller volumes. I measure all liquids in ml.

I list Fahrenheit temperatures because my (40 year old GE?) oven has only a Fahrenheit scale.

must add that I also learned it with my covered propane gas grill.

Cooked too much meat, and had the probe thermometer embedded in some pork. Thermometer read OK, everything else caught fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back