My poor Jetta can't catch a break.

But did you get barbecued chicken out of it?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nwjones18
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
I drive off the road into a tree or ditch or wall. Ill injure myself before killing another animal.

Really?

I don't like hitting them but I'm certainly not going to risk hurting myself/family or causing an accident to keep from it.. If there is no traffic I'll slow down, but generally it seems the more I try to avoid any animal the more likely I am to hit it.

A lesson I learned during track school was that the vehicle will point in the direction you're looking. If you're looking at the animal, or the cop who's pulled someone over, or the accident at the side of the road, you have a higher chance of hitting them vs if you look at the space where these obstacles are not. Crazy I know because we always look at the the object with the intent of "making sure" we don't hit it.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
I've been lucky to never hit an animal.

Ive never hit an animal in a personally owned vehicle.

Ive hit many goats though in a International Maxxpro.
blush.gif

Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis

blush.gif

I would've thought goats would have been a tad more smarter seeing how they're basically free ranging all the time.

How much damage did the maxxpro take?
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GumbyJarvis

blush.gif

I hit a deer this past Sunday in my new truck. I swear they are the dumbest animals ever... delicious, but dumb. Not even a scratch thankfully.

Raccoons ain't something to mess with either. Hit one in my caliber pretty hard, cracked the lower part of the bumper cover and knocked the temp sensor off.

Last edited:
Back