My Photo Editing - Your Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks clearer for me, is that what you did on winter break
lol.gif

not bad at all, what editor do you use? I've been using various editors for about 10+ years, lately PaintShop Pro. It's quite powerful and tons easier than photoshop. To say nothing of cheaper....

wink.gif

So you cranked up the blue so we can see the deposit pattern better... anything else?

It's like you work for CSI, Car Spark Investigating.
grin.gif

I don't think any photo editing software beats Photoshop. I've been working in Photoshop since 1991 in my job (I do color correction and retouching for a magazine publisher)

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
I don't think any photo editing software beats Photoshop. I've been working in Photoshop since 1991 in my job (I do color correction and retouching for a magazine publisher)

One that doesn't beat PhotoShop but beats just about everything else is GIMP and it's free.

www.gimp.org

If I didn't already own Photoshop 7 I would be using GIMP.

I agree about GIMP. I've been using it for a while now and its features are pretty impressive considering it's free software.

quote:

Originally posted by kenw:
I had to highly compress that one before posting it; highly compressed photos do not "fix-up" as well.

Oh, I know...just playing around with a little minor touch-up stuff, nothing major.

We're using Photoshop CS at work now, which I believe is version 8. We run Macs with OSX on them.

When I started using Photoshop it was on version 2.0!

Have been doing editing for way too long, but as a part of my engineering job, not as a fulltime graphics person, I can say that PaintShop Pro is a lot easier to learn if you aren't using it fulltime. Any editor takes time to learn, and if you only spend a few hours a month, PShop is a booger to learn.

Add the fact that PSP tends (when I researched it it) to be more full-featured than the stripped down versions of PShop (CE, Elements, etc) and about the same $$ as the de-featured PShops. Of course, for fulltimers, the defacto standard is PShop without a doubt; but that can run $800 and up. But even fulltime PShop'rs are surprised at the power that PSP has (layers, etc).

My brother did a lot of PShop as an architech and was quite taken aback when I showed him all the features he thought were exclusive to PShop, quite handy and all right there in a $50 editor. (PSP tends to get discounted more often than PS)

Of course, the bottom line is that an editor is like any other tool: it works best with a lot of practice and familiarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back