My parents Hyundai was stolen last night

The software mod requires the owner to be in the habit to lock the car with the keyless fob whenever they park. Then the engine is disabled until it is unlocked with the fob. This of course does not prevent anyone from breaking the window and trying to steal it.

HK_THEFTS_BALTIMORE.jpg

More Baltimore City statistics.

The golf clubs fall under the homeowner policy.
..... which may show a $500-$1000 deductible on claims. How much were those clubs worth?

Both our Kia and Hyundai use keys(fob) for the ignition. We got the Upgrade done at the dealer and from the sounds of it here, I wasted my time getting these Upgrades done.

It wouldn't upset me if both of ours were stolen in the same 24hr period. I'm currently looking at the Kia and it's been parked on the street for days now. The wife loves her Soul X-Line and would whine for weeks - complaining she doesn't want a Toyota or Honda, should someone steal her Kia and it never got returned.

So far - No takers!
I usually lock mine with the lock button on the armrest. That will show a blinking blue light on the front windshield indicating it's armed. The blinking light came when we got a remote start installed. If I lock the vehicle with the key-fob, the light will not blink, but an audible alarm will be set active.

I'll keep a coin in my pocket every day. Heads I set the alarm with the key fob. Then Tails will trigger me to use the armrest lock button. Mine usually gets parked at home in the backyard - in front of the garage door. I do that because it has AWD and our street is narrow. This way I can manuever easier during times when snow removal is necessary. My wife's Kia Soul has only FWD and she's terrible at slippery turns in the snow, should she take over my spot in the back of the driveway in winters.

So we keep the Soul on the street in winter-time and I always shovel a path to her Soul from the driveway side door, to the street-side of her vehicle entrance door. Yeah-Yeah....I'll clean her glass all the way around the vehicle too. Do anything I can to keep her from whining.

Last edited:
I can tell you how to 100% prevent a Hyuandai/Kia from being stolen from you.
Never use white ink in BITOG's white box for replies.
Is that how they spell Hyundai in Hillbilly dictionaries?

I know how to prevent it. I can just drive it thru the doggie door on the side of the house and park them in the kitchen.

I usually lock mine with the lock button on the armrest. That will show a blinking blue light on the front windshield indicating it's armed. The blinking light came when we got a remote start installed. If I lock the vehicle with the key-fob, the light will not blink, but an audible alarm will be set active.
What happens if you lock with armrest first and then use the key fob?

My '07 Sonata had a factory red light on dash that would blink when locked. It didn't have a chip in the key that I recall because I had multiple spares made.

HYUNDAI / KIA has been marked . They'll still break in with upgrade thinking its not been done . No win for owners of these vehicles . Including the '18 Accent parked outside .
Some of the car alarms nowadays are a joke. Even if one of the alarm's went off in a Kroger parking lot, the 15 people pushing their food carts wouldn't turn around to look.

They should come out with an alarm that sounds like a mean Rottweiler barking and growling loudly.
Instead of under the hood alarm sounding, give the thieves a bold, barking dog sound from the back seat.

My son has a 2019 Santa Fe and has not had the update done (not that it seems to matter.....)

I just told him to get it done anyway.....

What happens if you lock with armrest first and then use the key fob?
That's when high levels of oil consumption in HyunKia's occur first.

Edit..... if you use the fob secondary, the alarm gets activated and the blinking blue light tells shoppers that the KMart sale inside the store has ended and the blinking blue light ends.

Back