My own fault for ever subscribing to SIRIUS

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Discovered today SIRIUS is charging me $23.95 per month. Has no idea. I had a $5.99 per month subscription, and SIRIUS ran their business plan on me. Tried to call for two days, can't get a human.

Dealing with most any media company in the USA is a huge risk of shenanigans to the consumer. We had Shaw Direct from Canada for satellite for over a decade as I guess the Canadians' don't allow so much dirty stuff by ogolopolies.

Disputing on my AmEx card, but I have no one to blame but myself. Why would I ever enter into anything with that dirty dog corporation SIRIUS.

yea so they are scumbag.
i disabled the autorenew and they reenabled it.

but i had used a virtual credit card with 4$ limit so it got declined and they billed me 300$ for a 2 year subscription..
ended up taking a phone call and I paid 3$ for the 4 days prorated IIRC.

I am going to do their 3 months free added on to the new subaru subscription but i'll use a citi virtual CC with 5$ limit.
and set reminder to disable autorenew before its up.

Use online chat. It's gotten so bad with them that in the past, if you wanted to cancel, you had to call in and talk to a person. I think SiriusXM contracts with the lowest-bidding call centers for their overseas reps - their accents were the worst I've ever had to try and deal with. For year after year, I'd call to cancel and they'd offer me $4.99/month and I'd take it. And this part is completely my fault, but I didn't keep track of the 12-month term and they'd move the pricing to their "standard" rate, approaching $20/month (for 2 cars, by the way). After I'd notice it, I'd call again. Just 2 weeks ago, it happened again and I was tired of dealing with them, not to mention that I rarely ever turn on SiriusXM.....

My wife doesn't drive much anymore (tele-commutes) so I called in July and cancelled it for her MKX. Told them we were selling the car, which we might do.

I had a heck of a time getting them to believe I sold the Venza in 6 months. They tried to bill me and said I no longer had the car. Finally it was solved by the new owner who resubscribed the same radio ID.

It's hard to believe car Manufacturers want to be associated with this Scumbag Company.

Not only are they horrible to do business with their signal cuts out under bridges, near trees, near tall buildings etc. Never again.

I’ve tried canceling XM for 12 years and they keep offering me the $5 per month plan (plus tax and fees) so I’ve kept it. I won’t pay more than that though. I like it because regular radio has too many commercials. If I hear another Kars 4 Kids commercial I’m going to lose it!

I liked channels 125 patriot, 37 octane and the NHL channel. After the price hikes and who the company associates with, I chose to take my business elsewhere. Did the same thing with Harry's razor 🪒 and went to Jeremy's.

We got the $5.99/month deal when the free sub ran out on the new truck last summer. I wrote it on a calendar but of course forgot and paid 2 months @ $16.95 until I saw it on the credit card. My fault. Actually got a CSR on the phone and after I told her to cancel my sub and she tried to sell me different plans with more channels and I refused I got another year @ $5.99/mo. It's nice for traveling. Put it in my phone calendar this time.

And yes you lose signal in buildings, tunnels, heavy tree cover etc, it's a sattelite signal.
. After the price hikes and who the company associates with, I chose to take my business elsewhere.

Who else offers sattelite radio instead of SiriusXM?

After my initial three months service ran out, I kept getting offers in the mail offering plans at $5 a month. Heeding all the warnings I've read here and elsewhere, I was leery... VERY leery of them. Finally I decided I would enroll at $5 a month, using a Visa gift card which would be valueless after twelve months (thus making it impossible for them to auto-renew me).

Turns out they were more clever than I was. They recognized it as a gift card, and denied me! No biggie.... I found their channels all to be much too repetitive. I suppose if you listen to a dozen or more different channels it's great, but if you like just a handful, you'll get tired of it quick.

We got the $5.99/month deal when the free sub ran out on the new truck last summer. I wrote it on a calendar but of course forgot and paid 2 months @ $16.95 until I saw it on the credit card. My fault. Actually got a CSR on the phone and after I told her to cancel my sub and she tried to sell me different plans with more channels and I refused I got another year @ $5.99/mo. It's nice for traveling. Put it in my phone calendar this time.

And yes you lose signal in buildings, tunnels, heavy tree cover etc, it's a sattelite signal.

Who else offers sattelite radio instead of SiriusXM?
I can listen to podcasts from cellphone. I'm mostly a talk radio AM'er anyways.

Discovered today SIRIUS is charging me $23.95 per month. Has no idea. I had a $5.99 per month subscription, and SIRIUS ran their business plan on me. Tried to call for two days, can't get a human.

Dealing with most any media company in the USA is a huge risk of shenanigans to the consumer. We had Shaw Direct from Canada for satellite for over a decade as I guess the Canadians' don't allow so much dirty stuff by ogolopolies.

Disputing on my AmEx card, but I have no one to blame but myself. Why would I ever enter into anything with that dirty dog corporation SIRIUS.
$23.95??? Yer kiddin'! No, yer Sirius.

Back