My one local Walmart had no 5W20 🤷🏻‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious on this one, Supertech 10K is $20 Supertech 20k oil was like $27 which is the same oil... Different bottle I think those prices are a little high.. when you can buy, Quaker State for $21 and Pennzoil for $25 scratching my head on this one... I always thought it was a lot less money... Obviously I know oil went up..

Running a thinner oil at higher temperatures.. I'm leaving for the Carolinas, in about 2 months. So it's going to be a lot of highway driving..

Seems like they don't have anything in single quart bottles, so if I buy 5 quart jug 0W20 I still can't get a quart bottle. My engine takes 6 quarts.. I'm going to have to buy 10 quarts.. if that's the case I might as well just, go to Sam's Club. That makes the most sense..

You say this despite the fact that you have been told many times in many threads. They are both 20 grade oils.

Do you know of Liberace? You sure play like him.
I'm sorry I do not remember being told that. Yes I know they are both 20 grade oils,..

I particularly don't think that comment is funny.. I think it was rude..

Seems like they don't have anything in single quart bottles, so if I buy 5 quart jug 0W20 I still can't get a quart bottle. My engine takes 6 quarts.. I'm going to have to buy 10 quarts.. if that's the case I might as well just, go to Sam's Club. That makes the most sense..
Seems like the lesson here would, in fact, to buy MORE than you need. How are you missing this lesson in supply chain interruptions? If you "need" 6 qts, buy 25, so you have enough for 4 oil changes and a little extra for topoffs. That's the smarter, more efficient play here. You've wasted how much time and gas going to the store for 1 oil change?? Smarter and less expensive to just have it in the garage already. You'd probably be finished with the oil change.

What a LOCAL Walmart has/or doesn't have-what they are blowing out on clearance, etc., is all a local thing-yet continually gets threads on here.

I would be concerned, on my next oil analysis, of having higher metals.. with running a 0w20..
They're very very similar. At most you'd probably have like 1ppm more but even then it would be margin of error. But if you're concerned about wear then 5w-30 valvoline extended protection should have you counting sheep all night long. Lots of moly and a stout add pack. M1 EP or pennzoil ultra platinum 5/10w-30 would also be great. Doubt your engine's allergic to 3cst more of viscosity. But if you're concerned about wear use a oil filter that's 99% at 20um. Not 99 at 30um. The fram tough guard and ultra fit the bill.

Seems like the lesson here would, in fact, to buy MORE than you need. How are you missing this lesson in supply chain interruptions? If you "need" 6 qts, buy 25, so you have enough for 4 oil changes and a little extra for topoffs. That's the smarter, more efficient play here. You've wasted how much time and gas going to the store for 1 oil change?? Smarter and less expensive to just have it in the garage already. You'd probably be finished with the oil change.
I definitely agree with you, I just need to get caught up with some other stuff right now, I have couple gallons of antifreeze, I have a case of LV transmission fluid.. but I'm not backed up for oil.. unfortunately I'm on social security, and I have a champagne taste on a beer budget when it comes to my car.. LOL anytime when I need parts for the car. Most of the time I'm buying OE

I definitely agree with you, I just need to get caught up with some other stuff right now, I have couple gallons of antifreeze, I have a case of LV transmission fluid.. but I'm not backed up for oil.. unfortunately I'm on social security, and I have a champagne taste on a beer budget when it comes to my car.. LOL anytime when I need parts for the car. Most of the time I'm buying OE
All the more reason to buy in advance in larger quantities. M1, Valvoline, and Pennzoil currently or very recently have healthy rebates. Anyone that services his own car should gobble these up in large quantities in advance. Take advantage of sales, rebates, and have several OCIs of oil (and filters) laid back. You can basically cut your costs in half with minimal effort - and you're not wasting time/energy/fuel driving to the store to find the shelves empty.

By paying attention and doing this I was able to get my oil changes down to about $10. Then when the Hurricane Walmart event hit, I went really deep and my oil changes in my entire life are free and paid for, since I was a kid and of the rest of my life... Long story.

They're very very similar. At most you'd probably have like 1ppm more but even then it would be margin of error. But if you're concerned about wear then 5w-30 valvoline extended protection should have you counting sheep all night long. Lots of moly and a stout add pack. M1 EP or pennzoil ultra platinum 5/10w-30 would also be great. Doubt your engine's allergic to 3cst more of viscosity. But if you're concerned about wear use a oil filter that's 99% at 20um. Not 99 at 30um. The fram tough guard and ultra fit the bill.
Valvoline is on the thin side of a 5W30 to begin with...🤔🤔

What a LOCAL Walmart has/or doesn't have-what they are blowing out on clearance, etc., is all a local thing-yet continually gets threads on here.
I'm looking at engine oils at a Walmart in Dover DE and see 5W-20. I don't know or care if it's the one, single WM the OP went to either but it seems the claim of "no" oil isn't exactly accurate.... 😂

Reactions: CKN
I'm looking at engine oils at a Walmart in Dover DE and see 5W-20. I don't know or care if it's the one, single WM the OP went to either but it seems the claim of "no" oil isn't exactly accurate.... 😂
There's two in Dover.. South Dover North Dover.. I went to the North Dover store..

Not only isn’t it guaranteed to be thinner at that temperature it may well be thicker. Such misunderstanding about what the winter rating means and does not mean.
I know, not sure why so many mix that up, especially if you’ve been around this forum for more then a few days, it’s usually discussed 100 times a day lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back