My old Dell C610 is worth how much?

been cleaning up a lot of old stuff as i had posted before. i dug out my old Dell C610 and was going to donate it . Decided to look it up on ebay on how much its worth and was surprised how much they are asking for them . mine is a in great condition and even has a good battery and docking station. runs perfect . i am surprised at how much replacement batteries are for them. seeing they are about 20 years old i guess the batteries are not made anymore

Anyone can price an item what they want. Selling it at that price is a different story. Old computers are not worth much. If you are going to donate it, you can download forms from various charities which will give you approximate values for tax deductions. I have found out that some charities don't want real old computers, especially an old P3 dinosaur like yours..

Last edited:
Old computers are generally not worth much...that is unless you have a model that some old machine needs to operate, usually one with serial or parallel ports or some other unique feature. Those are edge cases, but they do exist. You never know when you run across someone looking for an old Slot1 motherboard with ISA slots because they have a specific old piece of hardware that has to have it to function.

Those EBay seller just hoping that it can sell with whatever they are asking.
Did you check if it has the "Make an offer" option?

The price spread on SOLD models is quite surprising, from $25 to 175. Personally, I wouldn't take that old of a laptop if someone gave it to me for free but someone out there buys 'em...

Old stuff starts to go up in value at some point for the nostalgia factor. People wanting to relive their childhood by purchasing a PC they had when they were young. Retro computing is all the rage right now. If your old laptop was beige you'd be looking at a pretty penny.

been playing with it this morning. for an old laptop running xp its still pretty lively. i will just keep it around for the ports in case i need them on something .

There is such a thing as a vintage computer market

My IBM 5150 with the original boxes netted upwards of $1000, not quite the $2500 it was worth new but hey why not

see

vogons.com for vintage Pc ideas

If you max out the ram, and put an SSD in it (take casing off SSD so shorter then an IDE to SATA adapter like $4 on ebay), then it'll "probably" have drivers for Win7, it could be quite usable for general office, email, etc, just not gaming or multimedia and not so much web surfing on sites heavily loaded with ads and scripts (or could block those).

If a fresh OS install is done, it's worth about $50 if it can run a fair amount of time on the old battery. $30 if it can only run long on the AC/DC adapter or needs stripped down to clean dust out or fan making rattling noises.

In other words, it's worth almost nothing and you have to put $50 worth of effort (or postage too) into it to sell.

As donor to some people they may worth something, like $20 here and $5 there. For someone who buy a whole laptop they are probably worth only $20-50 max, if you are lucky. Unless someone want to swap out a bad laptop without doing a clean install there is no value going that old.

Back