MY OLD Commodore computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak
I still have my Amiga 500.

Me too. I haven't run it in 20 years though so hopefully it still works. I've got it stored in a garbage bag with some desiccant. I have the sweet 1 Mb internal memory card and dual 3.5" drives.
Some day I should get it out for my kids so they can see what we had in the bad old days!

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I still have my Amiga 500.

Me too. I haven't run it in 20 years though so hopefully it still works. I've got it stored in a garbage bag with some desiccant. I have the sweet 1 Mb internal memory card and dual 3.5" drives.
Some day I should get it out for my kids so they can see what we had in the bad old days!

Mine was the 1000, and I put the (25MB???) hard drive on it.

Last time I ran it, the sound wasn't working.

Will bring it to the new place and fire it up (hopefully not literally)...my fave was Drakkhen.

I had an Amiga 2000HD years ago.
lol.gif

MC68000 CPU
SCSI interface with 40 MB HD by Quantum.
Came with 1 MB Chip RAM, I added 2 MB Fast RAM

Mine was Amiga 500 - no HDD and only 512KB RAM, which I subsequently upgraded to 1MB. This was late '80s - graphics and sound were impressive at that time.

Used to play Shadow of the Beast, Turrican II, Lemmings, Superfrog, James Pond 2, etc.

A lot of the music originally created on Amiga later got remade using more modern tools, some of it even played live by actual orchestra. Cool stuff.

F1 GP1 and 2 were favorites of mine, TV sports basketball was good fun, Stunt Car racer. I had a decent art/paint program too and Deluxe music was fun to play with. It was pretty cool for the time for sure.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Mine was the 1000, and I put the (25MB???) hard drive on it.

Last time I ran it, the sound wasn't working.

No hard drive on mine, unfortunately. The monitor's power switch was beginning to act up last time I used it, but that would have been over twenty years ago. I still have the old TRS-80 Model 4, too.

F1 GP1 and 2 were favorites of mine, TV sports basketball was good fun, Stunt Car racer. I had a decent art/paint program too and Deluxe music was fun to play with. It was pretty cool for the time for sure.

I loved Earl Weaver Baseball.

I loved Earl Weaver Baseball.

I had never even heard of Earl Weaver Baseball, but that was computing or almost anything before the internet! We had Hardball! for the C-64, and perhaps for the Amiga. We wore out a few joysticks playing Archon 1 and 2 on the C-64.
Did you have Railroad Tycoon? I still play that once in a while now.

The monitor's power switch was beginning to act up last time I used it,
I didn't even have a monitor for mine. I had a video modulator that would send video signal from Amiga to a TV via RCA jack.

I had never even heard of Earl Weaver Baseball, but that was computing or almost anything before the internet! We had Hardball! for the C-64, and perhaps for the Amiga.

I didn't have Railroad Tycoon, no. Earl Weaver Baseball was pretty amazing, and way ahead of its time. It's worth a bit of a look for some of the online articles and reviews, even the Wikipedia article. I had the Commisioner's Disk with it, too.

Quattro Pete: I got the monitor because I wanted the stereo sound.
wink.gif

wink.gif

I see. I had mine connected to my hi-fi system.

I didn't have much of a stereo when I first got the Amiga. I did some experimenting that way, but, especially when I went to university, the monitor's sound was much more feasible, given my exceedingly limited space.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
wink.gif

I see. I had mine connected to my hi-fi system.

Haha...when I got the Amiga, it came with a free Stereo.
Turntable, double tape deck, and two detachable speakers ... by Commodore

back in the day every one thought they could make a lot of money righting software. a friend here in Wichita wrote a program for the 128. it was a filing system. Flex File. i made it do a check book. but it had a glitch. if you ran it for more that 2 hr it started loosing data. the fix was to close the system down every 45 min.

If people can get hooked on cell phone games, they can and can still get hooked on C64 games, it's just the tech is obsolete, not the games.

My games that I played were

1. Legacy of the Ancients (a roleplaying game or RPG as they called them, it was similar to Ultima series)
2. Bard's Tale (similar to above, a RPG and I recently played it online as an emulated game)
3. Larry Bird versus Dr J basketball (you can substitute the names with Jordan versus Lebron, it wouldn't matter, the game is what was fun, not the marketing)
4. Maniac Mansion (just a fun game)
5. Ultimate Wizard
6. Geos
7. Cut n Paste (word processing and how I wrote papers in HS)

If the internet wasn't here, I would say I got more use out of a C64C package I bought from the Computer Shopper magazine than anything today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back