My Oil Stash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have over 186 quarts of oil. This is a panorama in three parts of the oil shelves in my oil room (cellar):
 -

-

-

Three bottles of Citgo off to the left did not get in the photo. Six quarts of the Citgo will be going in the F150 tonight.

Also there are three bottles VSOT behind the STP stuff. And the pink bottles are CD-2 High Performance Oil Boost (4500 ppm zddp). The black are Schaeffers 132 Moly EP oil add.

[ January 04, 2006, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: TallPaul ]

Nice!
worshippy.gif
bowdown.gif

Cranberry juice too?
cheers.gif
tongue.gif

I'm up to 400 quarts.. @#$% CSK and their .49 cent a quart Chevron and .89 cent GTX coupons keep coming.
gr_stretch.gif

They can't keep offering those super low deals forever? (can they?)
grin.gif

Nice photos!

Thanks, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

PS: On the Red bottled Valvoline, some have black labels and some have silver. I know they are Maxlife but are they the same?
confused.gif

TallPaul,

You have a better selection of oil in your basement than my local PepBoys or AutoZone.
cheers.gif
I don't see any GC Syntec.

Does your wife know that you have this much oil?
dunno.gif

Bill, you gotta post some photos. The cranberry juice actually is Juicy Juice (berry and cherry). I put it in my Corn Chex. The silver label is Maxlife Synthetic ($2 each at Autozone about a year ago).

Wife doesn't seem to care about the oil stash. She just gets upset when I play with the stuff.

For the record: Half the Pennzoil Synthetic was $2 at Meijers, the other half $2.85 at Murrays. The Platinum had the $15 rebate gift card. The GTX Startup was $1.40 at Meijer. The Havoline Synthetic was a buck each at AutoZone. The Citgo Ultralife was 80 cents each at Meijer. Redline was $5 after rebate at Advance Auto. The Maxlife and Durablend average out to around $1.80 a quart if I count a couple free-after-rebate deals. I got a free NAPA Gold filter when I bought the Synpower. And I paid full price for the single quart (silver bottle) of SAE 40 Valvoline VR1 (had to have it just because).

My vintage stash is much smaller:
 -

Paid $5 for the Veedol (rated MS, not S-anything), and $2 for the Valvoline.

quote:

Bill, you gotta post some photos.

I've posted it before.
cheers.gif

It was much better when it was around 300 quarts. Much neater. But you have to get creative when adding to the stash!

Missing from these photos are 3 cases of 5w-20 Castrol GTX for my Dad's Vue, 3 5 qt jugs of Mobil 1 5w-30 and 4 5qt jugs of Motorcraft 5w-20 for the Vue (these are under my bench and the truck is parked close to it and I could not get a shot that was good. I was not going to move the truck...

(note to self, when I build another house (NEVER)(Long story...
pat.gif
) make the garage deeper or sell truck and buy shorter outfit...)Possible...

Here is the Main Stash;

-

373 quarts there.

Cabinet :

-

So about 30 quarts there..

Then the 71 quarts under the bench (that the truck prevents the photo) and that adds up to....

474 quarts...

Ok, I'm a little over 400...
shocked.gif
I'll use 27 this weekend since both the silverados will get Oil changes, the Vue, My Corolla and 78 F250.

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

PS: forgot there is a case and 1/2 of Mobil 5000 5w-20 for the vue... Almost 500 quarts.. Maybe I should use that coupon for the .49 Chevron and then be close to 500!
gr_eek2.gif

500 Quarts! Wow, you must be near 2.5 barrels. That's a beautiful stash. I never liked the big jugs, but when you have a whole bunch of them, they look mighty nice all lined up like that.

Hey, what is the little white bottle with the red cap next to the Purolators?

quote:

Hey, what is the little white bottle with the red cap next to the Purolators?

3.4 oz bottle for my little Mantis rototiller/Edger/Lawn tool.

It's just easier to fill it up with oil for the 2-3 oil changes a year with it. It's the Honda 4stroke model.

I like the jugs, esp the 6 quart ones. They fill the trucks easy and quick. Plus you can drain the truck into one of those..

Love your shelves (nice varnish) in the basement. I've got to think up something in one of our walls for other stuff! (oil must stay in the garage per the boss!)
twak.gif

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Wow it does look like the oil section at the auto store. All you need is some labels on the shelf so you can keep track of inventory. Wonder if there is such a store where all they sell is oil. Is your cellar temperature maintained like a wine cellar?

Cellar gets down to about 40 F in winter and up to about 70 in summer. Not the greatest, but better than the garage (10F to 95F).

I see Bill has some M1 in a Clean 7500 bottle with the Sharpie relabel job. Yep, done that.

Right now I have a couple different half quarts I won't be using for a while, so I deformed the bottles to get the oil to the neck and screwed on the cap. No more oxygen in there now than with a full bottle. Does it matter? Who knows, but it makes me feel better and now I won't feel like I have to dump it in with whatever I am running now.

quote:

Bill,

Where did you get the 16 Qt case of Pennzoil ?

Did FP60 help any with your gas MPG ??

One of the times that Checkers had Pennzoil for .59 cents a quart, they had it in 16 quart cases. I bought a few 16 quart cases. (And no rebates were needed, just the Coupon back then!)
tongue.gif

Sorta screws up the shelf space...
grin.gif

Nope, No change in MPG with my truck or car. MPG have stayed the same. Really can't say I've noticed any changes. The FI in the truck you can still hear going down the freeway at times. I'm not sure when I'm done with this gallon of FP60 if I'll re-order..
confused.gif

quote:

I see Bill has some M1 in a Clean 7500 bottle with the Sharpie relabel job. Yep, done that.

See great minds think alike!
cheers.gif

What happened is I used Mobil 1 in a 5 qt jug for the Corolla and had a quart left over. So I put it in the 7500 bottle.. That bottle has maybe 6-8 oz left in it since I used 3/4 quart of mobil 1 in the 5000 miles I ran it.

I'll use it next oil change with the snow blower (if we ever get snow...)

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Nice!

Now I have "stash envy". Mine seems so inadequate by comparison. I think your inventory rivals some quicky lubes.

I'd advise you not to show anyone who isn't BITOG enlightened your stash.

They'll think you're crazy. It's a BITOG thing....they wouldn't understand.

TallPaul,

I was just wondering how much oil do you go through a year? That's a TON of oil there. That would last me a lifetime...HAHA.

I'm assuming you go through a lot!?!?

Hi,

I use alot of oil in my Family's outfits.

I've got about 4-5 years worth of excellent protection oil that I've bought for a very low price.

Why have to go out everytime to get oil and pay 4-5 times MORE for the same oil?

I'm protected for any problems with price increase, any "storm" oil that temp does not pass API and any shortages.

Most of what you see in my stash was bought for under $1 a quart. If you took all of the oil and averaged it out it's around 74 cents a quart. This incls the Syn and blends. Alot of it was under 50 cents a quart.
cheers.gif

The oldest oil I have was made in 10-2003.

Let's see how much oil will be in 3-4 years.. I'd bet that it will be more than 74 cents a quart!
mad.gif

For me and the long life I get out of our outfits, this is the way we go!

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back