My oil report - 02 Sentra 1.8, 147k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2002 Sentra 1.8, only has intake a little less restricted, and advanced timing.

On this sample it had GC 0W30.

But right now it has 147,000 miles and it's using a mix of half/half Amsoil Signature Series 0W30 and Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic 5W20.

After this analysis, I added a bottle of Subaru Coolant System Conditioner to the radiator.

Oil_report_paint.jpg

Odd that the Viscosity is high and out of range. Are you sure they got the oil weight right?

Wear numbers look good.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZZman
Odd that the Viscosity is high and out of range. Are you sure they got the oil weight right?

I think Blackstone messed up with their ranges. 11.4 cSt is not out of range for an Xw-30 oil. Their comments regarding 0w-30 vs 10w-30 are stupid. How can they tell them apart if they only test viscosity at 100 deg C?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: ZZman

I think Blackstone messed up with their ranges. 11.4 cSt is not out of range for an Xw-30 oil. Their comments regarding 0w-30 vs 10w-30 are stupid. How can they tell them apart if they only test viscosity at 100 deg C?

There seems to be a bunch of dumb comments coming from these guys lately.

Yeah... partly why I stopped using them. Their lab services aren't the cheapest, and their "interpretation" doesn't provide much value.

how many times have you changed the headgasket? these engines put out low wear numbers with a headgasket leak.
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
how many times have you changed the headgasket? these engines put out low wear numbers with a headgasket leak.
shocked2.gif

never changed a headgasket.

I'm kind of worried it might happen any time so I put in a bottle of subaru coolant system conditioner and I might replace it with a 2004 sentra Spec-V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back