My oil collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
grin.gif

-

I know it's not much compared to some people here, but it's alot more than any normal person should have!
cheers.gif

It was a bottle of quicksilver 2 cycle oil. I removed the label because I refil the bottle over and over from my gallon of cheap-o oil.
smile.gif
The 16 ounce bottle is alot easier to carry in my boat...

Here is my stash as of a couple months ago:

Approx 76 quarts. Got up to 88 the next week when I added 12 more Valvoline 10w40 at less than $2 each. Here is a breakdown of what is in the photo:

Top Shelf
Redline SI-1 Fuel System Cleaner
STP 15 oz Oil Extender(discontinued ADDP add, not thick)
Auto Rx
Synpower Oil Treatment
half qt Valvoline Durablend 15w40
7 qts NAPA Synthetic15w50 ($2.69 each)
Redline ATF
Valvoline Gear Lube (near empty)

Middle Shelf
12 qts Vavloline Durablend 10w40 ($1.94 ea)
12 qts Valvoline Maxlife 10w40 ($1.98 ea)
1 qt Redline 10w40 ($7.99, but I got $2.50 off)
17 qts Citgo Superguard 10w40 (50 cents each)—for Auto Rx ttmt

Bottom Shelf
1 qt Redline 10w30 ($7.99, but I got $2.50 off)
6 qts Valvoline Synpower 10w30 (Free on rebate offer)
7 qts NAPA Synthetic10w30 ($2.69 each)
13 qts Valvoline Maxlife 10w30 ($1.98 ea)

Image Not Working

[ August 06, 2005, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

My collection is very small but will be adding more later. Right now I got: 1 gallon Mobil Delvac 1300 15W-40, 1 quart 76 10W-40, 1 quart Pennzoil High Mileage 10W-30 and about 1/2 quart Pennzoil 15W-40 Long Life. Picture below. Wow your oil shelf looks like a auto store.
 -

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
Sometimes I just stand in the cellar and stare at the all the oil.
freak2.gif

I like to rearrange my oil shrine a lot, organizing the GC by batch numbers.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
Sometimes I just stand in the cellar and stare at the all the oil.
freak2.gif

I like to rearrange my oil shrine a lot, organizing the GC by batch numbers.
smile.gif

Anybody got a fisheye lens?
grin.gif

TallPaul, I know I can stay married now. I copied your picture and whenever my wife thinks I'm too much of an oil junky I'll just show her your stash. Let her know its OK, I'm normal.

TP thats quite a stash and when I get my camera back from my daughter I will give you a challange.You are mostly Valvoline I am more AMSOIL & GC Schaffers.But either way we are chronic and my wife wants me commited.
grin.gif

Yep, wife just doesn't understand. Thankfully she has chosen to ignore it so long as I keep it more or less to myself. I changed her oil a few weeks ago and she has no idea!
grin.gif

Just re-arrainged the stash and reviewed how the stock stacks up for all three vehicles. Consequently am doing a little bit of re-ballancing by returning a 5qt Maxlife 10w40 I bought a couple months ago for a 5 qt 10w30. Then I will have about two years worth for each vehicle. Of course all that will change in a month or so and I will re-arrange it again. Wow, takes me back to the mid 90s and flipping mutual funds every other month.
shocked.gif
At least with oil I can't lose my shirt.

I do have a 16 MM fisheye. Have to dig the old SLR out someday and do some fancy work. Maybe some closeups too (have extension tubes), maybe some oil drips.
freak2.gif

My oil collection consists mostly of Shell Rotella Syn 5w-40 that I hoarded when there was a rumor that WalMart would no longer be selling it at the $12.88/gallon price. There is about 25 gallons there.

In my kitchen I am starting a collection of cooking oils as well. In addition to the typical Mazola type corn oil, I have added safflower oil, peanut oil, canola oil, and olive oil.

quote:

Originally posted by k1xv:
My oil collection consists mostly of Shell Rotella Syn 5w-40 that I hoarded when there was a rumor that WalMart would no longer be selling it at the $12.88/gallon price. There is about 25 gallons there.

In my kitchen I am starting a collection of cooking oils as well. In addition to the typical Mazola type corn oil, I have added safflower oil, peanut oil, canola oil, and olive oil.

You need some spinach oil...m-m-m-m nice and GREEN!
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by k1xv:

Did you register with the EPA?
grin.gif

I think if I had as much oil on had as you guys I'd change my oil every week! The only way I can make myself wait 5k is to not buy it until I need it!

-

If you look closely, you can tell I spare every expense!

If one picks up a case in the ole shrine, they need to be careful: the UPCs are usually missing 'cuz I mailed them in!
smile.gif

Am having a hard time using the chevron supreme 5w30, so still have a lot of it. There's always something "more in season"...

Christopher Reeve (rest his soul) would be proud, I have Superflo, Supergard, and Supertech!
smile.gif

Have almost a dozen filters too, but I keep them in a linen closet inside, away from dampness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back