My next OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is for my girlfriends 03 Jetta 2.0il burner. Her car right now has 126,000 miles on it. It burns about a quart every 2K. I'm not to worried about the Engine Flush dislodging anything big in her engine. I think Liqui Moly's R&D staff knows what they are doing. You can't beat $13.50 for a Synthetic Blend High Mileage oil!

002-7.jpg

Sorry, I'm not a believer in additives Mobil SHM= fine... no additives. They ruin a good quality oil..
Dusty

In the 80's and 90's mechanics and others were saying no to additives but they are in the oils we now use. The oil companies now put such additives in the oil in today's oil. Old tired uniformed statements never die.

I don't know about the "Anti Friction Treatment" - particularly with the heavy 10W-40......perhaps, lay low on the additives a while, sure, you can perform the flush per the instructions, but just add the regular amount of required motor oil to the crankcase. If during the OCI, you still notice the leaking/burn off of oil, then use the LubroMoly anti-friction treatment as a "top off oil" mid-OCI.

Additives are not always for the better. High amounts of moly will eat aluminum. If I were you I would take back the flush & moly. $13.50 for syn blend oil is a good deal. IMO 1 out of 3.
laugh.gif

Don't worry about burning a quart in 2k miles. Maybe the HM oil will help on consumption, but what you have is not excessive. I don't think you should use the additives, either. They'll just mess up an oil that has an engineered additive package already. Give the HM oil time to work in the engine before assaulting it with additives.

I've never been a big fan of engine flushes. Too much risk of it causing damage, IMO. But its up to you. Great choice of oil though. I use it in my wifes car, can't beat the deal.

I guess you guys are anti-additive in this forum. I guess it's a different group of guys in the Oil Additive forum. The Lubro Moly MOS2 has a proven track record on Bitog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back