my new wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
audrey097.jpg

audrey102.jpg

audrey098.jpg

98,000 miles, 1 owner, garaged, got it for a steal. very nice ride!

Last edited:
ive already prepared. i plan on doing the "correct" 105,000 mile service myself, with the help of a few friends its doable with a honda service manual, haynes manual, exc. Ive already replaced the spark plugs which wasnt cheap, changed the oil of course.....i will get to the transmission fluid sometime within the next few weeks. I will get some pictures of the engine bay eventually very clean!

Very nice, it looks like it had 98k miles on a dyno, not on the road.
Getting that bolt off is the main DIY timing belt change issue. I was able the bolt off by using a pulley holder, heavy duty ratchet and a floor jack to push on the ratchet.

Nice wheels. Def. do all your services. It looks like this Accord towed something. These cars have a very weak transmission which towing would add even more stress to. Take care of the transmission fluid asap.

Just wondering, what deal did you get on this?

I will have time to change the trans fluid tomorrow weather permitting.... gotta change it three times to do the "full service" which is 9 quarts, the same as my older accord. That was a factory installed hitch that was never used according to the guy i purchased it from. The trany shows no signs of wear very smooth shifts even when cold. pretty much all of the miles on it were highway miles which helps a lot. I got it for $8,300. KBB and NADA in its condition is close to $12,000 retail and 10,000 private party value.

Originally Posted By: turboaccord1
I will have time to change the trans fluid tomorrow weather permitting.... gotta change it three times to do the "full service" which is 9 quarts, the same as my older accord. That was a factory installed hitch that was never used according to the guy i purchased it from. The trany shows no signs of wear very smooth shifts even when cold. pretty much all of the miles on it were highway miles which helps a lot. I got it for $8,300. KBB and NADA in its condition is close to $12,000 retail and 10,000 private party value.

Just clean the magnetic plug and flush 9 quarts of Amsoil ATF through the system. Replacing the in-line filter may also be a good idea.

And save up for the transmission rebuild- you should be due in about 50k.
wink.gif

Great deal on the car though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back